Vincent Hermance

Ben John-Hynes

Why are the european big boys so far ahead of britains absolute best.

that metal box thing he was "dicking around on" is f**king massive :S

I bet he can't flair out off a tree..... Yeah thats right... I said it! :lol:

No, I can see what you're saying, Hermance is pretty epic along with the other riders from his part of the world but to be fair the brits can hold their own :)

I bet he can't flair out off a tree..... Yeah thats right... I said it! :lol:

No, I can see what you're saying, Hermance is pretty epic along with the other riders from his part of the world but to be fair the brits can hold their own :)

Not at that style of riding, whos our best? danny butler, andre burton, ben savage, ben slinger?

there britains BEST comp riders, and they dont even come in to the shadow of euopes best :S why!!! :S

i feel a topic coming on,

Edited by Davetrials

someone teacher him how to set up his back wheel so he has a decent chain tension. no wonder they had a 180 click freewheel on test they need it to make up for the chain slackness. its a joke, his dad owns the biggest trials brand and non of there team riders can get any chain tension from what i saw at koxx days apart from benito.

someone teacher him how to set up his back wheel so he has a decent chain tension. no wonder they had a 180 click freewheel on test they need it to make up for the chain slackness. its a joke, his dad owns the biggest trials brand and non of there team riders can get any chain tension from what i saw at koxx days apart from benito.

The reason for the slack is so its more of a burst of power as soon as then chain engages with the freewheel if that makes sence. If you imagine setting up for a tap your pedal always keeps tension on the chain anyway. I dont know that much about it but i run my chain pretty slack and it seems alright, i can see why they do it.

Not at that style of riding, whos our best? danny butler, andre burton, ben savage, ben slinger?

there britains BEST comp riders, and they dont even come in to the shadow of euopes best :S why!!! :S

i feel a topic coming on,

i believe that slinger has finished in the top 10 in most of the world uci troubleing fontenoy and coust

The reason for the slack is so its more of a burst of power as soon as then chain engages with the freewheel if that makes sence. If you imagine setting up for a tap your pedal always keeps tension on the chain anyway. I dont know that much about it but i run my chain pretty slack and it seems alright, i can see why they do it.

Yeah, they do it to give like more run up but without the run up if you get me, its still a pretty stupid idea but whey.

Yeah, they do it to give like more run up but without the run up if you get me, its still a pretty stupid idea but whey.

the idea is when run loose you've got a slack take-up ( helps for somemoves apparently? :S )....then when you keep tension against the chain,you get the uber tight engagments back

That has got to properly f**k your chain and freewheel...

thats bull shit. if thats what you wanted that then just run a freewheel with less pickups, if the crank rotation was turned into pickups they amount they must loose is stupid not to mention the extra strain it must but on chains from the jolt. whats the point in them designing a 180 click freewheel if they are delibrately going to run it with a slack freewheel. just design a bomb proof one with less so they gets this imaginary burst of power

Edited by basher