Pashley Frame

notknown

right ho...

i would say im a fairly new school rider, but with abit to much old school influence and love for pedaling a bike rather than hopping. The new school frames about at the moment are really not doing it for me and i have slowly been losing motivation for riding, theres no colours or good looking bikes anymore.

trials seems to be dying, and i think it needs an old school injection to the new school scene, something new but old maybe.

i am craving a bike with a seat, looking similar to the old mhz but a little lower...basically a slightly modified mountain bike, like it should be. frames still need to be fairly long for the uci comps, so im not talking 1010-1030 days... more like 1075, +20bb, 380cs. although that is my ideal geo so obviously that wouldn't appeal to everyone, but some maybe?

my question is how many people would actually been interested in a frame like this... im guessing it will be more of the riders from back in the day, untill its the new fashion and everyone will be wanting a pashley again... with decent brake bosses. ;)

im hoping pashley might be interested if there is good feedback here...and maybe we can start making trials look good again.

Pashley don't seem to be interested in trials at all.

Personally I don't really like them, the seatstays are shit and it takes two brake boosters if you want a maggie on there. The top tube is too high and they weigh a ton, as far as I am concerned there is f**k all going for them.

Embrace the present/future and get a more modern bike.

Points to note: I have had a pashley, I am over 14yrs old,I am a great fan of bikes with seats, try a brisa or planet x if you want old school with a seat.

Matt

Embrace the present/future and get a more modern bike

I think it's pretty safe to say he's covered that...

Jimmy; that's almost '04/Short Control territory, if it were a tad shorter. I know it might not be quite ideal for you but a little shorter/lower would also be getting towards the old Pures too which a load of people seem to always say they want back. Not sure if you could hack riding one of those again, but might be worth keeping in mind for your sales pitch to Pash ;)

Jimmy; that's almost '04/Short Control territory, if it were a tad shorter. I know it might not be quite ideal for you but a little shorter/lower would also be getting towards the old Pures too which a load of people seem to always say they want back. Not sure if you could hack riding one of those again, but might be worth keeping in mind for your sales pitch to Pash ;)

Yeah - judging by the amount of topics cropping up recently the old pure style setup should really make a comeback !! I would guess by the thread here people want something along the same lines as you ...

gallery_3202_440_9779.jpg

Everyone ignore the gay mini seat.

you killed it on this bike ...

Hey you never know my custom DB steel jobbie may one day get made for me - and that can only lead in one direction ...

Thought about maybe getting back in touch with Clive Leeson at all Jimbob? Yeah they've not had much business recently but I'm sure Clive could be sweet-talked into creating anything you wanted really, and something like you're describing would be right up their street.

Rich

Sorry I forgot about all those videos and compresults I have seen "notknown" in, my mistake..............

Matt

Sorry I forgot about all those videos and compresults I have seen "notknown" in, my mistake..............

Matt

Check him out on youtube, type in 'my new haircut' which is one of his more famous vids.

Rich - I'm not sure Jamie is Clive's best mate as it were.

Check him out on youtube, type in 'my new haircut' which is one of his more famous vids.

Rich - I'm not sure Jamie is Clive's best mate as it were.

See a lot of people say that, but as far as I can see the people who began this idea that Clive hates James got very much the wrong end of the stick and let the rumour mill of TF do the rest.

Yes, James did own a Leeson, yes he did break it quicker than anyone else had at the time, and yes, Clive did say that James' riding style did not suit the Leeson design. Which everyone else read as "Clive said James was too shit to ride his bikes well enough not to break them." It's like someone saying David Beckham shouldn't play with Rugby balls; James' aggressive and powerful street style (at the time) was just not suited to Leeson's BMXy background, hence why James became a poster child for most Deng brands like Echo and Zoo, because they were designed for the type of stuff James does/did (I hope no-one is missing the irony that James has actually gone full circle in proving he is one of the UK's best all round riders by buying and ripping it up on his Inspired).

I've known Clive for a long time and even though I don't ride his bikes any more I still get the occasional call just to chat and catch up, and I would be incredibly surprised and more than a little disappointed to learn that he had ever described someone's riding in the way that people seem to think he spoke about James. Although, as always, I could be wrong.

Rich

right ho...

i would say im a fairly new school rider, but with abit to much old school influence and love for pedaling a bike rather than hopping. The new school frames about at the moment are really not doing it for me and i have slowly been losing motivation for riding, theres no colours or good looking bikes anymore.

trials seems to be dying, and i think it needs an old school injection to the new school scene, something new but old maybe.

i am craving a bike with a seat, looking similar to the old mhz but a little lower...basically a slightly modified mountain bike, like it should be. frames still need to be fairly long for the uci comps, so im not talking 1010-1030 days... more like 1075, +20bb, 380cs. although that is my ideal geo so obviously that wouldn't appeal to everyone, but some maybe?

my question is how many people would actually been interested in a frame like this... im guessing it will be more of the riders from back in the day, untill its the new fashion and everyone will be wanting a pashley again... with decent brake bosses. ;)

im hoping pashley might be interested if there is good feedback here...and maybe we can start making trials look good again.

interesting thread

I m afraid you should stick with old frames as new products aren't really what you're looking for. The ozonys and the control looks close to perfection when we see how you ride those.

you look for something like 1075, +20bb, 380cs, I guess it has to be really strong, to stand your muscular and agressive style but also not too heavy to suits the comp.

did you try the new yabaa?

french brands will only produce high bb frames in the next years, as will do most of the comp oriented brands in the world I guess ... :(

I hope you will not loose interest in trials! because when I lost interest in riding my self, I just think about how you ride, and It reminds why I still spend so much time on my bike.

you are in my opinion one of the most interesting trials rider in the world... still pushing the boundaries of trials in comps and streets, but never forget the golden ages of the glasseyes vids.

• 2 weeks later...

I know where your coming from James. After getting bored of my Pure, I got my 24" and rode that for 6 months. Then I picked up a sponsorship and had a 26" specced for comps, which felt effortless for trials but rubbish for street. I kept the 24" for a while but whenever I rode it I always found myself missing the trials ability of my comp bike. So I rode that instead, and ended up developing a horribly boring hoppy comp style.

Then one day I was watching old vids of me on my Pure, and I realised how much more I used to be capable of. About the same time Mike got a short Adamant and his riding ability shot up. I had a go and after 5 mins it just felt like the most chuckable and fun bike I'd ever ridden. 18 months later I'm still riding the same frame and loving it, I even bought another one as a backup. Just went out to measure the geo and it comes out at 1075, +20 and 375 stays (with trialtech forks)

Oh and I'm pretty confident to say your chances of getting Pashley interested are very slim...