Glasgow Cycle Trials Riders

aaa222

Hi, I am Iain from Glasgow. I am looking for some contact with Glasgow or central belt of Scotland Cycle Trials Riders as I am a motorcycle trials rider myself and are in the process of opening up a trials academy in a quarry south of Neilston for motorcycle trials and cycle trials. I am trying to get in contact with cycle trials riders if they were interested in a place to build a cycle trials sections and a place to come and practice.

Edited by aaa222

Hi, I live in the Falkirk area (in the central belt), there's about 7 of us that ride trials in this area and I think there's a few more riders in the Glasgow area and probably more scattered around the central belt too. This would be a great thing to have and I don't know of anything like this already in the central belt.

I would be happy to help you!

Just a few questions though...

What can be used to make the sections out of?

When does it open?

Do you have any pictures of the quarry so far?

Neil. :)

This sounds good! Id love to come help out, ride there :)

I'd love to see some pictures of the area. A trials academy would be such a good Idea aswell! I hear there is the Koxx academy in france but never heard of one in the UK at all! Sounds really good! Hope it all goes to plan!

cool man sounds like an awesome idea do you know Paul Fox he is from Neilston. I live in the east end of Glasgow and know most if not all of the Glasgow based trials riders.

Edited by jambo

Hi , I ride both motorbike trials and bike trials , and your idea sounds absolutely great , and being from Ayrshire I'm well within reach of Glasgow :turned: so please keep the information coming as I'm really interested in finding a place to ride and practise alongside other like-minded people. I'll send out the word to my motor trials biking buddies :D ,don't know anyone who rides cycle trials though :( I'm the only one in my town lol

seriously hope it all works out ^_^ it would be really good I think.

cheers

Hi, I live in the Falkirk area (in the central belt), there's about 7 of us that ride trials in this area and I think there's a few more riders in the Glasgow area and probably more scattered around the central belt too. This would be a great thing to have and I don't know of anything like this already in the central belt.

I would be happy to help you!

Just a few questions though...

What can be used to make the sections out of?

When does it open?

Do you have any pictures of the quarry so far?

Neil. :)

Hi All

Thank you all very much for your reply with regards to our Trials academy. I have instructed Chris from my office to contact you all tosee if you would all be so kind to contact me on my mobile phone to discuss the new trials acadamy we are building and for more information on the quarry and obstacles etc.

My Mobile number is 07831-681728

yea would like to know more too. Do you have a map or post code of were it is and i will scope it out and will tell others about it :lol:

Hi All

Thank you all very much for your reply with regards to our Trials academy. I have instructed Chris from my office to contact you all tosee if you would all be so kind to contact me on my mobile phone to discuss the new trials acadamy we are building and for more information on the quarry and obstacles etc.

Regards

Iain

I live in the Highlands but wont mind coming down for abit to help out. Sure i could grab a few lads to come down and help aswell.

Hi All

I live in the Highlands but wont mind coming down for abit to help out. Sure i could grab a few lads to come down and help aswell.

Hi All

Regards

Iain

This sounds good! Id love to come help out, ride there :)

I'd love to see some pictures of the area. A trials academy would be such a good Idea aswell! I hear there is the Koxx academy in france but never heard of one in the UK at all! Sounds really good! Hope it all goes to plan!

Hi All

cool man sounds like an awesome idea do you know Paul Fox he is from Neilston. I live in the east end of Glasgow and know most if not all of the Glasgow based trials riders.

Hi All

Well after going up tonight to meet the organiser of the trials academy i can only be impressed with the enthusiasm of Iain and his team. They are truly out to try and offer us the best support, development and location possible all we need to do is get involved and support them in there goals to make it happen. The site is absolutely amazing there is already a growing collection of man made obstacles, including concrete pipes, cable reels, tires, all manor of random objects around and as its in a quarry there is endless lines of rocks with lots more rocks to be added in the future.

Pics up when i`v had some dinner.

Hi, I am Iain from Glasgow. I am looking for some contact with Glasgow or central belt of Scotland Cycle Trials Riders as I am a motorcycle trials rider myself and are in the process of opening up a trials academy in a quarry south of Neilston for motorcycle trials and cycle trials. I am trying to get in contact with cycle trials riders if they were interested in a place to build a cycle trials sections and a place to come and practice.

Iain how are you doing recently bought a sherco and am struggling to find places to go just had to pay 160 quid to get it back from the cops any ideas????????