Chris Akrigg

boon racoon

I think, and I may need some official citation here, Chris Akrigg could be just about the coolest human being on the planet :lol:

I actually laughed all the way through that

Rich

Yeah.

Of all the stupid things to do on a bike, Akrigg makes them all look sane.

Trials bikes are all going to be 23" frames with seats soon.

good to see him riding his home town again!!!!

weird to see him riding leeds :P,

loved that its cool even on the gay bike, poss the roady made it better?

cant get my head around it all haha fixed gears are for fags! you have to keep pedaling threw everything thats just pointless when you could just do one kick and your there anyway on a normal bike. and when you jump you have to keep going too or when you land youll die :S

not for me :P anyway

• 4 weeks later...

I'm an editor of the Mountain Bike russia Trials section (like Martyn Ashton is for the UK version)

and in the MOST recent (not even yet published) issue of the magazine i wrote, that:

If you want to get famous and enter the history of trials sports, do exactly this: take a trials bike and turn it into a fixie. Fixie scene is evolving very fast, they try to do stunts that sometimes look silly, but take a skilled trials rider, take his special-for-stunts bike and add a fixed gear - you'll have a bomb, or at least a new direction of trials evolution. Imagine all the new stuff there is possible. Forget the drawbacks!

So here's Chris pretty close to doing that, and if he does, my article's followers might not as easy enter the history of trials sports ))))

Edited by Peter Green

I remember a few members here bringing up the idea, but neither of them followed it through. So yeah it takes a rider like chris akrigg to fully commit to trying something new like he (and now Rowan Johns) did going brakeless. and now that he's back riding his proto titanium charge, im pretty sure that fixed wheel trials thought he already come to mind.

• 2 weeks later...