My Painful Bmx Crash (over A Rail Down A 10 Set)

tris

Heres the church stair drop.

I've been wanting to try it for a while and today (after an awesome days riding) i gave it a go.

I levelled out too early and landed on the back wheel and slipped out.

Smacked my arse bone and head, and i'm walking like a cripple at the moment.

On the plus side i had the balls to give it a go, cleared the rail, and i'll have to try it again sometime with a helmet.

Comments would be great haha

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Jesus christ! That was very very bad, Wear a helmet your lucky that you are not seriously hurt!!!

Edit: just looked again and you rear wheel is soo close to hitting the rail, could have been a nut cracker!

Edited by Mr Bob

I have nothing against wearing a helmet and when i try it again next time i'll be wearing one, but i left my helmet at home today and just wanted to do it....

But yea, luckily i didn't really smack my head...but i wish i'd been wearing some sorta ass pad haha

I didn't think it looked all that bad. Going by the shadow you where on your feet quick enough :)

Kudos for trying but you really need to wear a helmet. That could have been really bad had you whipped your head into the ground a bit harder.

Edit**

I feel for you smacking your arse like that though. Standing up/sitting down afterwards is literary a pain in the ass ;)

Edited by belga

As everyone has said wear your helmet, could have been alot worse. Next time try and level out abit more, you were practically vertical when you landed.

I've done a head shot aswell, I did mine attempting a tap onto a picnic table and the back wheel didn't make it and I fell into an empty pool head first. Plus side though I think I got smarter, I learnt to wear my helmet. I should of learnt that though when I rupsured my spleen and hit my head on my front wheel (while being KO'd).

Look for some 'ass pads', they should make it less of a pain in the arse next time. Good luck finding them though.

Good luck on the next try. Make sure to video it and show us.

Edited by ScottTrials

BMX 101.

Always land 2 wheels flat.

Fair play though, I bet it looked bigger being there.

Haha, yea i know, i always like to land my rear wheel slightly before to save my wrists a bit

I think the reason i landed rear wheel first because the only bit i was really worried about, was clipping that rail (crash could of been a lot worse if i did)....so i hopped bigger than i should have and leveled out as i would have on a smaller drop (and once you hopped at that angle, you're f**ked and can't correct it.....) I thought i might of got away with it but apparently not, back brake would probably of saved me.....