Dwarf Starting Trials?

Sprog!

I have a dwarf in my tutor at school and he is a good friend of mine and I was just wondering whether I could get him involved in trials. But before I ask him does anyone know whether it would work, I know like to get the smallest bike and all, but would they have any disability in it?, are there movements in there joints that are different to ours? They can't do certain things?

answers please

Cheers :)

best thing to do is talk to him first, see if he wants to start

get to know what he can and cant do, then see about a bike

a mod might be ok depending on his height but if not

i guess you would have to have a custom frame and fork but everything else would be standard gear

thats not funny and out of order

Edited by maxxis26

If he is a proper Dwarf then i doubt he'll be able to jump. BUT if he is able to then he'll be looking at obstacles on a different scale from yourself so i would imagine he would become very frustrated

what do you mean proper dwarf? he isn't just a short person :P

I'm sure monty used to do, or still do a 16" trials bike.

I've seen some dwarfs do some amazing things to be fair to them, some can be quite agile. It all depends on the individual and how their body was from birth, and how it has developed from birth.

If he/she thinks they can ride trials, maybe its worth them having a go. Maybe even go as far as letting them have a go on a 20" with a stock stem fitted to it to learn some of the basics.

This is one of the most random topics, anyway, i think that on small natural stuff they may find it good fun but as far as i know some have trouble walking down stairs. its not the riding, i am more worried about the bailing. he may find that that people laugh and joke at him when riding. not riders but spectators.

pros and cons aside i think anyone that wants to ride can ride but if they dont then........maybe you should ask him first.

a little cruel but if someone posts such a topic what do you expect.

would be easier though...