Two Computers - One Monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc.

Prawny Baby

Okay basically.

Two computers.

One lot of other stuff you need with computers.

In there a way to have them plugged into some sort of magiacally switcharoo that means you can just flick a switch to go between boxes? Or is it just case of crawling around under the desk unplugging cabel?

To make it more complicated is it possible to have dual screen at the same time (although I can not work out why this would be of any benefit to anyone and is just annoying having to find the darn cursor every five minutes)?

Thank you

Tori

xxx

P.S. If none of the above makes sense or you require actual information about said computers etc feel free to ask/point and laugh.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here, but make sure you check the connections!

Most KVM switches I've seen/used are VGA, PS/2 (for mouse and keyboard) - so if you're using DVI or USB, you'll probably need a converter, unless you can find a KVM switch that caters for it.

If they are on the same network you can use 'Input Director', my friend runs it with great success. Keep the mouse and keyboard plugged into the same computer and just move between the two computers.

Has his laptop and second screen to the right of it, and the computer and screen to the left of the laptop, job done.

Damn cool if you ask me. Can even copy/paste between the two which is god damn helpful in a development environment. :)