Heatsink Backing Vs. Tnn Backings

Guantanamo

It's been so long since i ordered my backings and pads through heatsink that i'm considering canceling the order and getting some TNNs instead. Which are better? can you fit any pads into the TNN backings? should i just hold on and wait for my heatsink ones. at the moment my bike is just sitting there waiting for some pads so i can ride.

Thanks

Thanks, i'll give heatsink a couple more days. If no luck then, refund and TNNs

Personally I would wait on steve and he will get you the stuff through, its possible he has a backlog on manufacture of the V2 cnc backings. You never know, he may have gone on holiday for a fortnight :)

I was thinking of doing the same myself. Heatsink are taking forever and not answering emails.

I was considering getting either the Rock CNC vee brake pads or the TNN ones.

Also does anybody know if you are able to buy just the TNN vee brake backings?

I know you can for the HS33's so I was just wondering.

I was thinking of doing the same myself. Heatsink are taking forever and not answering emails.

I was considering getting either the Rock CNC vee brake pads or the TNN ones.

Also does anybody know if you are able to buy just the TNN vee brake backings?

I know you can for the HS33's so I was just wondering.

The only thing is, if he's not replying to emails about purchases is he going to reply to emails about refunds?

If you do need to trim your pads down, that's a pretty easy job to do. You don't need to be super accurate as long as it fits in there, 'cos you can fill it with glue anyway! In terms of pad material too, for Maguras, the TNN LGMs really can't be beaten when set up well on a sharp grind. Soooo good!

If you do need to trim your pads down, that's a pretty easy job to do. You don't need to be super accurate as long as it fits in there, 'cos you can fill it with glue anyway! In terms of pad material too, for Maguras, the TNN LGMs really can't be beaten when set up well on a sharp grind. Soooo good!

This man speaks the truth...

I've trimmed my LGMs so they literally just fit in my heatsink backings so I don't need to use glue, they are not budging anywhere :P

The only thing is, if he's not replying to emails about purchases is he going to reply to emails about refunds?

I would give him a chance, he seems like a nice guy to me. It's easy to get used to fast delivery from most companies, but heatsink is just one guy with a day job, so he can probably only post things on a Saturday.

I would give him a chance, he seems like a nice guy to me. It's easy to get used to fast delivery from most companies, but heatsink is just one guy with a day job, so he can probably only post things on a Saturday.

Just sent him an email canceling my order. That's not to say i won't use his products again, just that i need the pads asap.

I have a day job. Hence I don't run a business too.

Not slagging him off personally, but if he's too busy to post stuff he shouldn't be doing it. People always stick up for him, "Oh, wife, kids, job..." - don't run a business then!

I don't think he shouldn't do it - far from it. Even if he was only able to post things on Saturdays, if customers KNEW about that then that would be fine, as the customers would know what they were getting in to. At the moment, it's all down to a break-down in communication. Like I said before, just a simple e-mail to say what's going on to customers would be fine. That's all that's really missing now.

I don't think he shouldn't do it - far from it. Even if he was only able to post things on Saturdays, if customers KNEW about that then that would be fine, as the customers would know what they were getting in to. At the moment, it's all down to a break-down in communication. Like I said before, just a simple e-mail to say what's going on to customers would be fine. That's all that's really missing now.

Actually yes, I agree with you Mark.

If it was clear that whwen you order it could take up to 2 weeks that would be ok. He either needs to communicate better r give it ip.

Much like I need to sleep, night lo.