Is The Mad Phase 1.3 Any Good For £150

Eddyboy123

is it any good though?

and is it upgradable ?

The mad looks ok to me and for 150 you cant really go wrong if your new to trilas. Easily upgraded too, maybe new crank freewheel and single speed set up would be the best upgraded to go for first, you can always pick up cheap brake set ups on here once your validated to complete it all but for 150 go for it

Waiting to get validated and buying a better one off here will probably work out to be cheaper in the longer run.

Where about in devon are you from?

That sounds a good idea too you can get some nice high spec bikes off the forum for a resnoable price but look to save or spend around 200-300 is my guess

I would wait and get a second hand bike from on here for more money. I had a Phase 1.3 and within 3 months the chainstay had cracked on the drive side due to the design of the frame is made to have a 22T front sprocket so they cut out part of the chainstay to allow this, but they can and have lasted longer.

It is a nice frame but the standard parts on it are not of the best spec but for the money you will not get anything better unless you spend a little more on a second hand bike.

get yourself on ebay, theyre 130 delivered, im getting one after crimbo :)

i already have! worth every penny! when you look past the brakes, they suck, but you can easily upgrade to a avid single digit 7 and some decent pads make it like 7 times better for only

20 quid a pair

im gunna get a hs33 front back with an evo II adapter and some new forks so i can put a hs33 on the fornt because i can get a rim set with a front disk hub and a rear rim brake set and im getting a single speed kit

i already have! worth every penny! when you look past the brakes, they suck, but you can easily upgrade to a avid single digit 7 and some decent pads make it like 7 times better for only

20 quid a pair

im gunna get a hs33 front back with an evo II adapter and some new forks so i can put a hs33 on the fornt because i can get a rim set with a front disk hub and a rear rim brake set and im getting a single speed kit

stick with vee's if you already have vee mounts, evo mounts are shit, you'd get better performance from a vee with proper mounts than a hs33 with the adapters. spend the money on some phat pads or TNN pads, a booster and a good lever (SD7) and some nice cable, it will be epic...