Echo Sl Forks.

Stevie

I'm hopefully getting some new forks for xmas ^_^ and i was liking the look, price and weight of the Echo SL's, but after looking at the thing at the bottom of the page on tartybikes it says something along the lines of "Recommended for lightweight competition riders only".

Should this bother me? I would say i'm an about average rider, not bad but not doing huge stuff either, should the fact that there for lightweight competition riders only bother me?

Thanks alot

Stevie

Well everyone says they snap really easy, so spending that sort of money on forks that are lightly to snap isn't be best idea.

Although if your not a hard rider im sure they will be fine with you, depends on how you ride.

I don't have these forks by the way, this is just what people have said.

Hope this helps.

Ok, sound like they are gonna break on me :(

What else would you recommend, Echo urbans? Echo team? anything else lol?

Echo Urban's are pritty awsum as I rode them for around 6 months, I had no cracks or anything but I recently bought Echo Lites an they feel really nice and it seems what most mod riders go for an now i can see why. The Echo Lites have a much thicker steerer tube than the Urban's by the way.

The Urbans have a bulkyer feel to them aswel, they make the front look more solid.

As for the Lites they make it look more slick and smooth.

Thats what I find anyway but Iv had them both and I can't doubt either.

Hope this helps.

Echo Urban's are pritty awsum as I rode them for around 6 months, I had no cracks or anything but I recently bought Echo Lites an they feel really nice and it seems what most mod riders go for an now i can see why. The Echo Lites have a much thicker steerer tube than the Urban's by the way.

The Urbans have a bulkyer feel to them aswel, they make the front look more solid.

As for the Lites they make it look more slick and smooth.

Thats what I find anyway but Iv had them both and I can't doubt either.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, just the advice im looking for :)

Where can i get the Echo lites, i see alot of people using them but cant find them. :S

Thanks for the reply, just the advice im looking for :)

Where can i get the Echo lites, i see alot of people using them but cant find them. :S

Well you would have to buy them second hand off here really.

I got mine off here an there great like just look for the right pair, there usually around 35-40 quid for a decent pair.

I got mine for 31 quid with just a fue scratches so all good :lol:

Don't get them they'll snap even if your the lightest rider!

mine havnt snapped, had them about 4months now, im not exactly the lightest rider.

mine are the disc and 4bolt version, i dont do hooks but i like my upto fronts, mine dont creak or anything like that.

i dont know how long these forks will last, but its nice having an uber light front end (Y)

I'm kinda confused now :P

I like the SL's as there really light, look good and are a fair price but i don't want them to snap either. The Lites seem hard to get hold of and the Urbans seem fairly chunky but then again there fairly light as well.

I've heard mixed reviews of the SL's too. I really liked the sound of a super light front end, but perhaps not well matched with my general fatness :P I'm using Lites at the moment, they've been really good, not a problem to report, might be worth searching out a set as a good compromise between weight and strength.

Or if you've got the money viz forks. Love me stock ones.

Word. Viz! forks are sweet, i love mine

On the SL front, i was riding with a Ben Johnson in west bay who had only had his SL's for a number of weeks and doesn't do alot of moves to front.

He decided to begin learning hooks and after 5 or 6 attempts the forks snapped clean in half on one side.

Seriously, they are made of cheese.

PM Ben, he'l probs send you the pics if you ask nicely

Edited by kyddie

• 2 weeks later...