Validation

shanebmx0

hi a few week ago i wanted to get into trials so i thort id come on here to get to know people and buy a bike. but oh no you have to wait four years to get validated so not only do you miss out on the meets in sheffield and surrounding areas because you cant contact peaple. you cant contact peaple to buy items or sell items. fair enough i understand that you dont want just people coming on here and using the site just to sell ther stuff but i think with the validation taking so long for some people it turns people away from the website. I think it would be better for people to be able to registor and not have to be valdated then if you spot someone just using the site for buyin and selling then warn them that they have to post into other topics aswell as the for sale section.

you miss out on the meets in sheffield and surrounding areas because you cant contact peaple.

You can still read the topics about rides so you know when and where a ride is happening and roughly who will be there. To get validated you just need to put a little more effort into your posts. Silly things like capital letters at the start of sentences and using the spell checker will help things go faster.

I too was a pre member, It took me less than a week to get validated. Ask sensible questions, post descriptive answers, posts like that will get you nowhere, you are only biting the hands that feed you. Good luck.

Your a perfect example of the validation system.

I voted for you purley because you seemed like a good guy, good grammer etc. :)

Your a perfect example of the validation system.

I voted for you purley because you seemed like a good guy, good grammer etc. :)

What? Words spelt wrong, no punctuation, and actually creating a topic complaining about being validated...? Any NMC member could be a 'good guy', but it doesn't mean they deserve to be a full member. Perfect example of the validation system indeed...

...and why we have it.

Edited by Hannah Shucksmith

What? Words spelt wrong, no punctuation, and actually creating a topic complaining about being validated...? Any NMC member could be a 'good guy', but it doesn't mean they deserve to be a full member. Perfect example of the validation system indeed...

...and why we have it.

are you a retard? read who/what he quoted.

Who validated this guy?

He can't spell.

This is an example of what some of us predicted will happen - people who shouldn't really have been validated are reading this and comparing it to their own low standards, and then voting, which ends up with lower and lower standards.

Edited by Revolver

hi a few week ago i wanted to get into trials so i thort id come on here to get to know people and buy a bike. but oh no you have to wait four years to get validated so not only do you miss out on the meets in sheffield and surrounding areas because you cant contact peaple. you cant contact peaple to buy items or sell items. fair enough i understand that you dont want just people coming on here and using the site just to sell ther stuff but i think with the validation taking so long for some people it turns people away from the website. I think it would be better for people to be able to registor and not have to be valdated then if you spot someone just using the site for buyin and selling then warn them that they have to post into other topics aswell as the for sale section.

I been here for a bit and I have replied to questions and I spell ok and i aint got much futher i agree and i have noticed thet all the main members dont write to good or spell or use text lettering maybe one day :giggle:

I been here for a bit and I have replied to questions and I spell ok and i aint got much futher i agree and i have noticed thet all the main members dont write to good or spell or use text lettering maybe one day :giggle:

Im probably one of the newest to be validated...mistakes are no doubt made, but in general posts are punctuated in a way to make it clear and easy to read

I had to re-read yours a few times! (you should perhaps read over what youve typed before clicking the 'add reply' button)

did you mean:

Ive been here for a bit and replied to questions. I spell ok but I havnt got much further. I agree, I have noticed ALL (?!?!) the main members dont write very well or use text lettering. Maybe one day (after ive stopped making sweeping statements about the very people who are validating me)

Edited by chris4stars

Who validated this guy?

He can't spell.

This is an example of what some of us predicted will happen - people who shouldn't really have been validated are reading this and comparing it to their own low standards, and then voting, which ends up with lower and lower standards.

Well said that man all this moanin about the validation system makes me laugh its there to stop people making stupid threads, stupid answers to questions, which they havent got a clue about in the first place. Its a place where trials riders with real problems or help with a certain issue can come and ask questions and give advice and get a up to date or realistic answers to them, and not get given silly or incorrect infomation by people who are not validated, I mean who wants incorrect infomation when it comes to issues such as brakes , chains , frames its our lives on the line every time we ride . So put up and shut up is my say !!!!!!

Ok i didn't realise you were validated. Who ever validated you well done you have won " The Biggest Tit of The Month " award.

Same goes to you!

You had to try twice because your last account got put into pre-members for life. I still don't know why your validated now.

I'm probably one of the newest to be validated...mistakes are no doubt made, but in general posts are punctuated in a way to make it clear and easy to read

I had to re-read yours a few times! (you should perhaps read over what you've typed before clicking the 'add reply' button)

did you mean:

Ive been here for a bit and replied to questions. I spell ok but I haven't got much further. I agree, I have noticed ALL (?!?!) the main members don't write very well or use text lettering. Maybe one day (after ive stopped making sweeping statements about the very people who are validating me)

OK I agree about the suggestions you have made but even you made some errors. some people just are not that good at writing. How was that written better I hope?

Same goes to you!

You had to try twice because your last account got put into pre-members for life. I still don't know why your validated now.

Because I voted for him, as he seemed like a good guy. :$

Who/what was his last account? :huh:

OK I agree about the suggestions you have made but even you made some errors. some people just are not that good at writing. How was that written better I hope?

Firstly

Quoting myself here - "mistakes are no doubt made"

QED.

Secondly, if you can read my post and spot my errors;

"(you should perhaps read over what you've typed before clicking the 'add reply' button)" it could be helpful to do it to your own too.

Edited by chris4stars

I vote for the validation system to go back to how it was, or failing that make the senior members do something for their pink names and make them in charge of validation.

Over the last month or so there have been far to many retards getting through to the full members chat, maybe not too bad a thing though because it's kept me away from the forum.

I vote for the validation system to go back to how it was, or failing that make the senior members do something for their pink names and make them in charge of validation.

Over the last month or so there have been far to many retards getting through to the full members chat, maybe not too bad a thing though because it's kept me away from the forum.

You speak truth!