Does Anyone Out There Ride By Themself? :(

ChrisMeadows

hi peeps :D, been looking on the videos on this site and Youtube and saw that everyone rides with groups of people, I personally have no one to ride with :P does anyone else ride on their own? i just dont want to feel like a loner :P

hello there dont feel like your alone im right there with you.not many people ride in my town so 90percent of the time im alone.

don't feel to bad i live in rural Wisconsin where people have know idea about trial bikes so i have not one single person to ride with actually never seen a trial bike in real life except for mine, never even seen someone ride one, over the internet is how i get my sources...

Edited by nasheenofteeth

Thanks for the replies :) I'm starting to feel al little better about this, I suppose some of my friends can watch and help me :P One of my mates is a freerunner so I could probably hang around with him :P Any thoughts on this? haha

freerunning is cool.hang round with him it may give you some ideas for lines.how long you been riding?there used to be ten or more riders where i live years ago but they dwindled away when they discovered beer n cars,i stuck with it

I only got my bike at Christmas :P I've only been riding one day and my rear hydraulic line snapped >.<, I'm so unlucky with bikes :P I'm getting the hang of it though, I can balance on the back wheel for a couple of seconds...and I can get up onto a low bench by getting the front wheel on first and flicking the back on..I guess I still have a lot to learn :P but I'm getting there.

you don't feel bad i live in rural Wisconsin where people have know idea about trial bikes so i have not one single person to ride with actually never seen a trial bike in real life except for mine, never even seen someone ride one, all over the internet is how i get my sources...

There are some really good riders in your area, Patrick Smage for one, he also rides moto trials. He is currently the US national moto trials champion. I have not been there but they have a really nice practice area on their family farm near Madison and hold events there quite frequently.

Don't be afraid to ride alone, It gives you the opportunity to practice basics until you get them figured out. Get those basics down really well first. Use a video camera to help figure out what your doing right/ wrong. Then when you get a chance to ride with others, you can use that time to push yourself and /or your buddies when there is someone to help if you hurt yourself trying bigger, crazier stuff. Have Fun!!!

I mainly ride by myself and hadn't rode with anybody else for the first year and a half. But then my problem was that'd I'd never seen trials in person before so was amazed and found it too easy to watch and not ride myself ;) When working on trickier moves it really helps to ride with someone who you can watch do it.

Aha lol. :P

Yeah, I tend to ride alot on my own. With my ipod though, with all the Damon Watsonigga, Ben Lazenfag and Danny Swindleburger videos on it. :D

What about my 590 inch sidehop video jack :( b*****d!!!

I always ride by my self unless i go to a big meet which cant these days due to work :(

I spend most of my time riding alone.There a 2hr drive to next closest rider,we get together for a ride every 2 weeks so its not to bad.

i find riding by yourself if your keen,you learn thing quicker and get more things dialed.The main reason i see is because your out to ride and not talking crap with your mates,so you focus alot more on the riding and it makes you better.

hi peeps :D, been looking on the videos on this site and Youtube and saw that everyone rides with groups of people, I personally have no one to ride with :P does anyone else ride on their own? i just dont want to feel like a loner :P

don't feel to bad i live in rural Wisconsin where people have know idea about trial bikes so i have not one single person to ride with actually never seen a trial bike in real life except for mine, never even seen someone ride one, over the internet is how i get my sources...

Im in the same boat as you too... But I have no where to ride as well.

No one knows Trials at all here. Makes progression hard not knowing what level your at compared to other riders.

Ive gone riding with a guy who lives 25mins away once.

Just tough it out is my advice, just enjoy riding, and have a good iPod playlist.:)