Because Brake Lever

Alex Dark

That's like saying the TPA and lever adjusters are pointless on the maggys and discs?

No because you dont get liquid stretch do you ;)

Edited by Nick pyke :)

TPAs are extremely useful for adjusting for pad wear or even if you just want to change the bite point, I'd be completely lost without one when riding comps! And the same for power adjustment, so you can get the feel exactly right. When I get tired I tend to set it for higher power and am grateful for the extra flex, but when I'm fresh I like to set it stiffer. Its £2 extra, adds no weight and just makes life easier, how can you possibly complain about that :P

TPAs are extremely useful for adjusting for pad wear or even if you just want to change the bite point, I'd be completely lost without one when riding comps! And the same for power adjustment, so you can get the feel exactly right. When I get tired I tend to set it for higher power and am grateful for the extra flex, but when I'm fresh I like to set it stiffer. Its £2 extra, adds no weight and just makes life easier, how can you possibly complain about that :P

TPAs on Maggies are OK...I used the shit outta it when i had maggies, but with Vees...really, you should just set it up.

They're handy for tweaking your brake to get it exactly right though. They have more of an effect on how your brake works and feels than just using the barrel adjuster does, in my opinion. If you're changing the actual distance from the pivot to where the cable pulls, that's a pretty big difference to your brake rather than just using a barrel adjuster to simulate lengthening or shortening a cable.