Tf Ring Trip - Easter 2010

Prawny Baby

Holy shit, what a weekend! SOOOOOOOOO much fun, just a shame about the weather! Camping in sub zero temperatures is not something I wish to ever do again. Waking up with ice on the INSIDE of your tent is a horrible thing to feel, haha.

As for how it went, we had a few casualties; a mini, an S3, an A3, and a Leon all suffered varying degrees of damage :P

Holy shit, what a weekend! SOOOOOOOOO much fun, just a shame about the weather! Camping in sub zero temperatures is not something I wish to ever do again. Waking up with ice on the INSIDE of your tent is a horrible thing to feel, haha.

As for how it went, we had a few casualties; a mini, an S3, an A3, and a Leon all suffered varying degrees of damage :P

Go on? I heard something about Liam hitting a curb in the car park? and Nicks A3 knackering a CV joint. Any more info?

Edited by RobinJI

Sounds like a hell of a lot of fun! So who did what to what cars then?

s3 hit the alcro, front and rear lightly, mini hit post and bent subframe, nicks a3 is eating cv's, steering rack, track rods etc, leon ate 3rd-4th gear for dinner (funny story) think thats it.

my clutch has started slipping, cv gone, major arb rubbing and generally grounding out damage

as was said the temp was freezing, even with a pretty intense fire, shower room floor was warmest place ay andy :lol:

Correct on both counts. Added to Nick's list is his steering rack with epic play in it.

Errm...the S3 kissed a barrier somewhat at between 25 and 80mph, depending on who you ask :P Damage to front and rear wings, headlight and intercooler. Very, very lucky considering the force at which he hit it.

The Leon has no 3rd of 4th gear, selector fork being my (correct :P) diagnosis. Apparently it happened "just driving along" :P

Other than that, and us all having frost bite on our feet, I think everybody got away pretty well considering!

EDIT: Too slow :(

Edited by george_seamons

Sounds like a hell of a lot of fun!

Thats so much of an understatement! Its really difficult to describe to how awesome the place actually is! Its one of those places that you just have to go to, to appreciate how good it is.

Did anyone find the road noise in the uk LOUD?!

Looking forward to the pictures (and explosive video ;) )

Did anyone find the road noise in the uk LOUD?!

Road noise is loud everywhere in my car, but yeah, German roads were "quieter" for sure!

From this trip, I learnt that if you consider yourself a petrol head, its one of the things that you HAVE to do in your lifetime. The feeling of dropping into the bank at Carousel for the first time is AMAZING! (and also feeling the back end let go a bit further up the track is equally as special, just not in a good way!)

as was said the temp was freezing, even with a pretty intense fire, shower room floor was warmest place ay andy :lol:

Oh my god, waking up in a summer sleeping bag with ice on the inside of the tent!!! Cold = undertatement!

Shower room was nice and warm, great place to sleep if you ask me! Apart from getting woken up by the "cleaners" at 5am eh Gaz? HAHAHAHAH!

Rob, Chris and Sam must have taken well over 500 shots between them so expect some awesome pics to come.

Here's a little teaser of one of Robs. GT3 RS dropping into mini karussell. This guy must live on the track - He was doing constant circuts and REALLY going for it.

15020_386964092430_512257430_3755333_6829979_n.jpg

Awesome trip :)

I've put some photos up here....

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=160096&id=627248110&l=ee94ee2fe3

I can't wait to go back with my own cars next time!

Awesome pics sam!!! I so wish I was there now. Driving to work this morning on the most boring and car destroying roads was such a downer. Glass smooth roads with sweeping banked corners is where its at!