Zoo! Mod Forks Snapppppp!

Borat

I've never heard of a rockman snapping...

Seen a few of their older models crack, although the newer ones haven't really been around long enough to gauge their strength.

Forks snap its a fact, I was surprised when I snapped orange trials forks a good years back. I snapped a new set of lite guys 3 weeks later. I resorted to using heavy steel forks such as tuf guys and pashleys which lasted me well. Downside as Matt has said is strength to weight, I needed a lighter fork so went with the echo pures/urbans etc and just changed them regular enough. The thick welded alloy steerer deng forks are strong but as with any bike product they have a life expectancy before fatigue kills them.

Trialtech forks...

What Matt said - I still don't really get why people are happy to repeatedly spend loads of money cumulatively on Deng forks when they could just try out the Trialtech forks and have a stronger, better, longer-lasting fork. The initial expense is greater, but they'll outlast Deng forks with no problems.

P.s. For the record, I have had a rear TR fixed hub for 4 or 5 months without any issues. I would be keen to hear what problems people have had? (other than just bearing issues)

Same here - people keep saying they're badly designed, but I'm running the mod disc hub on the back of my Lynx with no problems at all, and the 135mm TR hub on the back of my Echo. That's still pretty young so it's not really been tested, but yeah, I fail to see how they're badly designed at all. The main reason I got my rear TR disc hub was that the flange is spaced out more from the disc mount, so unlike the Rockman and Try-All hubs you don't have to mess around with your lacing to get it to clear the caliper, you can just lace it up as normal and not have any problems.

Soooo damn true, although with sealed bearings you shouldn't rally be expected to maintain them in my opinion

Most sealed bearings have less grease in them from factory than a cup and cone hub for example. I always pick my seals on sealed bearings and pack them with a decent grease. Not so much a problem on a trials bike where muddy water isn't everywhere but all helps to keep things smooth for longer.

Yea Mark, the Trialtech's are next on my list. They seem to be getting real good reviews!

So, whos snapped a pair of lites :rolleyes: ?

Mine should be here tmrw or wednesday. :P

But yeah, the point I was trying to make Mark. Is that they look pre 07. They zoo! sticker/laser job thingy iss different to the 07 ones, so mehhh.

They are old and lasted. ;)

ALL forks snap eventually.

But I got a set of these pythons on @ the mo. I think, They weigh about 850g so which year are they. I know there the newer ones got lighter.

shutup you head of empty, you aint even snapped any forks :P and i think its the other way round that the forks become heavier since 06 as the steerer tubes on the 07's were 9mm as the 06 ones were like 3-4mm

fact deng made stuff weigh the same or heavier till 2008 :(

its the strongest/stiffest fork on the market. The steerer tube is very thick so its your fault not deng. You are begginner so what did you expect. If you dont snap something, you will not learn. Topic is stupid. If it was broke under some weld but steerer tube? its straight pipe without any combinations. Aluminium is the same in every fork, zoo is the thickest, isnt it?

Edited by Rafal

Different aluminium alloys=different properties. Trialtechs are stiffer, I've used them back to back and the difference is noticeable especially doing fronthops. In my experience they are also stronger, and lasted 4 times longer than 2 sets of Zoo forks which both cracked on the disc mount after 6 weeks

thats the thing with deng parts just like my echo tr hub poorly designed, crap performance, poor bearings

mines been amazing

rockman??? you kidding right

rockman imo are making THE best parts on the market at the moment

they dont prototype them long enough from what ive heard about them, but they ride nice and i like them a bit

deng do absouletly no prototyping which is why there stuff is a load of balls

and unlucky chinners.

they lasted a while though !?