Songs That Should Not Be Allowed To Be Covered Ever!

sideburns(dnt ask)

Its a touchy subject as it depends entirely how much you like the original.

If the original is your favourite song then I'm sure you wouldn't want it covered.

I can think of many covers that I love, but I didn't like or found the original too boring. Vice versa, I can think of many covers which I think "killed" some brilliant originals, but that is because I love the original.

Pissed off with Westlifes failure attempt of 'What About Now' by Chris Dautry... Was soooo pissed off when i heard it the first time round.

Also, anything by Alexisonefire or City & Colour, No-one will ever be able to sing like Dallas Green so just don't even try :)

Pissed off with Westlifes failure attempt of 'What About Now' by Chris Dautry... Was soooo pissed off when i heard it the first time round.

Also, anything by Alexisonefire or City & Colour, No-one will ever be able to sing like Dallas Green so just don't even try :)

I think anything Westlife covers awful, in fact f**k it; Westlife are awful.

I think some cover work in fairness.... But some really dont!

Kathreine jenkins, bring me to life (evanessance) = MAJOR fail!!

Alien ant farm, smooth criminal. was pretty good

Killswitch engage, holy diver= fail

Marilyn manson, sweet drreams. Good

Marilyn manson, tainted love. Good

A few examples for my money dunno what everyone else thinks of these songs?

Was talking to someone at work today who's in a small-time band. He said his band does Bryan Adam's song and the like - the kinda things you'd expect. But then he said they play Paranoid. Bitch, please. Cannot ever cover a voice like Ozzy. Especially in Paranoid. I also second that Sweet Child O' Mine can never be covered.

However, an example of covers being better than the original: The Ataris - Boys of Summer. Just thought I'd throw that in.