Documentary

Daniel Gray

Reality television  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch big brother? If yes, how many times a week?

• x1 a week
    • x2 a week
    • x3 a week
    • x5 a week
    • Not at all
  2. 2. Do you watch LIFE curently shown on the BBC?

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. With reality television at an all time high, do u feel as an audiance that its time for change?

• YES
    • NO
  4. 4. Do you feel there should be opptunities for young filmakers to be able to showcase their work on television?

• YES
    • NO

Hey all, im currently writing my dissertation on the rise of reality television and the effect on independant producers. If its cool I would REALLY appretiate it if u answered these simple questions.

The questions are simple, however if you feel like you have an oppinion on somthing please tell me.

thank you for your time

Dan.

Edited by Daniel Gray

Also gotta add a 0x a week to the 2nd question, or it won't let you go through without answering it which will skew your results. Really, you could do away with the first question and just say:

Do you watch Big Brother?:

- No

- Yes, 1x a week

- Yes, 2x a week

etc

EDIT: DAMN ME TRYING TO ANSWER PROPERLY AND GETTING THERE TOO LATE. I HATE LIFE AND WANT TO DIE.

Edited by JDâ„¢

I think Frankie Boyle said something along the lines of when a house mate leaves, they should play the sound of a single gunshot into the house, then to f**k with them, they should throw the body out of a helicopter into the garden to f**k with the rest of the house mates. I think the very first big brother was actually good, no one knew how famous and how big it would get so people weren't so 'plastic'. I do think however that since then they have been like every other reality tv programmes which has been utter shite.

Do you feel there should be opptunities for young filmakers to be able to showcase their work on television?

Don't Channel 4 run a season of this occasionally?

I think if young filmakers were good enough and wanted it enough they could easily get their work on TV, you can't expect the TV to come and find you...

Care to elaborate?

Yeah I guess that may have been helpful lol...

A lot of talented music producers, directors etc never get anywhere, purely because they don't know the right people. Just because they're good doesn't mean they'll make it - I know a lot of very very very good music producers that just don't get their chance. It's a shame!

Amateur film makers also may not have the right equipment / be able to afford good equipment, therefore nobody will realise their potential.

Because of the current state of television, ie the huge amount of reality televsion, channels will obviously only air programmes that get audiances, abnd they know that relaity television and

documentary gets these audiances.

There are of course alot of opertunities for young filmakers to get their name out there. Film festivals and the internet are the major outlets.

But as for televsion the repitition of endless shite i feel needs to change.