Site News: Trials-Forum Upgrade

Video section, again(yes i use the video section!) - The summary of the vid(dates, music, length etc) should be below the video. Only the title should be above. :)

The player is MUCH better though, nice one!

there will be lots of changes to the video thing, thats the standard layout which comes with the forum, i need to customise it.

(Y)

Seeing as though the FAQ and the Wiki discussion are accessible from the first page via the links in the 'trials chat' box, is there any chance the big blue sub-forum box (at the top of the page when you click on 'trials-chat') could be removed? It's not at all necessary as no one uses the wiki discussions apart from one or two people and the FAQ's aren't used either (2008 still on the first page). So it seems pointless for a big box to take that much space up on trials chat when the links are accessible from the first page.

Liking it good work (Y)

One question... is there anyway to make peoples info (the information to the left of the reply i.e where it says my name, a picture and the dots etc etc) smaller so it doesnt take up an 1/8th of the page as it seems quite distracting and it seems alot of wasted space (N) there maybe a purpose behind it ?...

[quote name=Nick pyke :)' date='06 February 2010 - 10:52 PM' timestamp='1265496278' post='2077902]

Liking it good work (Y)

One question... is there anyway to make peoples info (the information to the left of the reply i.e where it says my name, a picture and the dots etc etc) smaller so it doesnt take up an 1/8th of the page as it seems quite distracting and it seems alot of wasted space (N) there maybe a purpose behind it ?...

Edited by bigamac

Looks good i like it.

One question, every time i click a link now i loose the TF page, it used to open links in a new window. Is that a forum setting or my browser? Im on Safari.

fixing that is on the todo list*

*todo list may or may not exist - but it will be done at some point

[quote name=Nick pyke :)' date='06 February 2010 - 10:52 PM' timestamp='1265496278' post='2077902]

Liking it good work (Y)

For all intents and purposes it's back to the "old" style way where an admin/mod validates people and there's no voting system until the boys upstairs can put the vote back in place they realise that way was so much better at catching mongols.

Edited by Ben John-Hynes