Securing Foam Grips?

PeanuckleJive

how did you put them on in the first place?

id say take them off...give them a decent wash in soapy water...clean your bar ends and get any grease or other residue off, then when its dry, enjoy the long and calus forming task of putting them back on!

if they are anything like the trialtechs, they are a sod to get on when clean/dry but they dont move in the slightest

how did you put them on in the first place?

id say take them off...give them a decent wash in soapy water...clean your bar ends and get any grease or other residue off, then when its dry, enjoy the long and calus forming task of putting them back on!

if they are anything like the trialtechs, they are a sod to get on when clean/dry but they dont move in the slightest

I just stretched them over the end, then gave em the ol' twist and push to work them down the bar, wasn't too much of a struggle to do

it's not the fitting, it's just getting em to stay put

If i was you i would put them on diferently as i used to trist them on, its a ball ake and they come loose my mate showed me his way and its much better.

You get the grip on a little bit then hit the end with the parm of your hand slowley it will go on much better and hopefully wont come loose.

If i was you i would put them on diferently as i used to trist them on, its a ball ake and they come loose my mate showed me his way and its much better.

You get the grip on a little bit then hit the end with the parm of your hand slowley it will go on much better and hopefully wont come loose.

doesnt work for foams sadly.

Tar.

Or get yourself some new bars... as The anodising seems to hold the grips well.

My new t-tech bars and new t-tech grips dont budge one bit. And no water or anything used.

Mine are anodised, if they slip worse on smooth bars I'm glad I don't have any :rolleyes:

I woke up late today so didn't get time for a ride before work :( will get some hairspray tomorrow instead

Maybe I can make myself look utterly FABULOUS while i'm at it?

/gheyness

I did run a search but couldn't find anything

So basically, anybody got tips on securing them? Mine slip about quite a lot when I ride.

They're the monty ones

hi, i found that a small amount of puncher glue works really well, just let it dry out befor using them or else your grips will spin.