2010 Onza Range

duncshaw

Matthew - I think you're sort of missing the point of the Onza graphics. They're not particularly subtle or understated like aftermarket sort of stuff would be, but that's the whole point. These bikes have to appeal to people who are new to trials, and who are generally viewing them in a bike shop crammed with other brands and bikes. They have to be attention grabbing, and they need to stand out from the rest. Obviously on their own and compared to more expensive bikes they do look 'cheaper' simply because they are, but in a bike shop setting where the needs aesthetically are totally different to what you or I would look for in our next purchase, I reckon they're fine.

Good point there onza made trials affordable. And i reckon the new paint looks frigging awesome! That was my only critisisim of the old onza models was the colour! The bikes look good the spec is way better and at the same price. And will temp new riders on to their bikes. Now all onza need is a good promoting rider. (like Danny Macaskill has done for inspired) and there laughing all the way to the bank!

Good point there onza made trials affordable. And i reckon the new paint looks frigging awesome! That was my only critisisim of the old onza models was the colour! The bikes look good the spec is way better and at the same price. And will temp new riders on to their bikes. Now all onza need is a good promoting rider. (like Danny Macaskill has done for inspired) and there laughing all the way to the bank!

:-:sleeping:

Thanks for your comments. Think your alone ( have you read the full topic?), and please don't reply to this with the "your crap at making bikes" remark as I think that is actual tosh. or the "you cant take criticism". I can, I just don't like people going out of their way to offend peoples work. A simple "dont like the graphics and they look a little cheap" would have been fine.

£589.99 buddy, You can get one in one month. :)

I'm not going out of my way at all to insult you, it is purely my opinion. The thing i don't understand about bad graphic design is that it is no less expensive than good graphic design. I would never assume you make crap bikes, however i have no proof either way but you seem to be popular.

I understand Marks point about the need for your bikes to stand out amongst the mass market, compared to how one might view a stand alone frame where there is a different consideration, however i don't think thats a justifiable reason. As one guy below said (not a direct quote), ''the graphics are no worse than most other bikes'', and that may well be true but that still isn't saying a lot.

Sure i may be alone in my opinion, but i still stand by it. If you just got in a decent graphic designer to create the graphics and some nice typography i think it could make the products almost infinitely more improved whilst still creating the desired effect of standing out amongst the mass market. If anything making your products, brighter, bolder and more brash is a slightly vulgar way of standing out. Stripping back, creating clean, simple looking products will not only give an elevated impression of quality and style it WILL stand out even more so amongst the mass market, just for the fact that so little bike companies seem able to finish there products in such a way so it can only help you stand out amongst the crowd.

:-:sleeping:

:|

Onza have some great riders, it's just that they don't seem to put out a lot of media. If there were some more frequent decent videos and pictures of Messers Seddon and Burton they'd have that side of things covered. It's not that they need the riders, just the publicity. :)

New video currently uploading :)

I'm not going out of my way at all to insult you, it is purely my opinion. The thing i don't understand about bad graphic design is that it is no less expensive than good graphic design. I would never assume you make crap bikes, however i have no proof either way but you seem to be popular.

I understand Marks point about the need for your bikes to stand out amongst the mass market, compared to how one might view a stand alone frame where there is a different consideration, however i don't think thats a justifiable reason. As one guy below said (not a direct quote), ''the graphics are no worse than most other bikes'', and that may well be true but that still isn't saying a lot.

Sure i may be alone in my opinion, but i still stand by it. If you just got in a decent graphic designer to create the graphics and some nice typography i think it could make the products almost infinitely more improved whilst still creating the desired effect of standing out amongst the mass market. If anything making your products, brighter, bolder and more brash is a slightly vulgar way of standing out. Stripping back, creating clean, simple looking products will not only give an elevated impression of quality and style it WILL stand out even more so amongst the mass market, just for the fact that so little bike companies seem able to finish there products in such a way so it can only help you stand out amongst the crowd.

I think you're missing the point, bikes in the price range that Onza are marketing these bikes to are all generally produced with bright, bold and brash graphics for a reason; its what appeals to the potential customer. Subtle graphics and higher class typoghaphy are put on the higher priced bikes to make an obvious appearance difference to the lower end bikes and also because it's a quality that is generally appreciated by the target market, sounds patronising and it is to some extent, but that's the way it works. Also producing all bikes with the same level of graphics and styling etc would just simply devalue the top end bikes and would be totally counter productive. There should be a visual difference in perceived quality as well as a spec difference.

It is your opinion and you're totally allowed to have it, just the way you put it across wasn't exactly sutble or eloquent.

I think making the 24" vee forks available aftermarket would be a great idea, definitely an alternative to Pashleys (which seem to be geting thin on the ground) with adjusted mounts (which is an additional cost and hassle).

Alex get some more filming done this summer, i'm intending on getting a camera myself, keep telling Andrei to bring the camera over to the warehouse when we ride...he's just too lazy!

<<<Valid point...>>>

Alex get some more filming done this summer, i'm intending on getting a camera myself, keep telling Andrei to bring the camera over to the warehouse when we ride...he's just too lazy!

Yeh I'm trying to :P Coustellier Video 5 will be finished after the Hamp comp, Joe and dreis video is now online and I'm planning on doing a fair bit of filming for those two :)

Warehouse sounds ace, should make a mini video from that. I'm gonna tell Joe to let me film a whole video on the Mini Master.

Are the forks on the 24 going to be made available separately? If the specs are right it would be nice to have an alternative to Pashley's, avoids the hassle of having to get the mounts moved down.

Any details?

Should be available separately if I've got my way ;)

Yeh I'm trying to :P Coustellier Video 5 will be finished after the Hamp comp, Joe and dreis video is now online and I'm planning on doing a fair bit of filming for those two :)

Warehouse sounds ace, should make a mini video from that. I'm gonna tell Joe to let me film a whole video on the Mini Master.

Link to Andrei and Joe video on Vimeo

To Craig James:

I understand what you've said, and i well imagine that is the exact reason why the bikes appear the way that they do. I agree to a large extent with the cheaper complete bikes, but the particular styling extends all the way to their high end models to which there have been many past complaints about frame colours, graphics etc.

In reference to making all bikes look the same - that is exactly what i am suggesting against, not promoting I'm not saying make every bike graphically identical and ''high class'' as yes it would devalue the whole bike spectrum, but under your example (to which i agree) that is exactly what onza ARE doing by making their products the same as every other £300-£600 full build. So by your own ruling, you have actually agreed with my initial sentiment, as i was suggesting onza make a stand and differenciate.

Lastly, the thing i most strongly disagree with to which you have suggested, is that i put my point across in a manner that wasn't eloquent. This is most definitely not the case, and i take great displeasure in such an allegation.

Edited by Matthew62

Lastly, the thing i most strongly disagree with to which you have suggested, is that i put my point across in a manner that wasn't eloquent. This is most definitely not the case, and i take great displeasure in such an allegation.

It wasn't so much not particularly eloquent, it's just the way you did it was a bit... weird. It didn't really come across all that well.

Regarding them 'looking the same as the rest' - they might have the same style, but in terms of that style itself they do it better than the rest, which is sort of the point...

It wasn't so much not particularly eloquent, it's just the way you did it was a bit... weird. It didn't really come across all that well.

Regarding them 'looking the same as the rest' - they might have the same style, but in terms of that style itself they do it better than the rest, which is sort of the point...

On another look, i see your point. Some of it is really getting there, like the blue and white pro - thats quite nice, and even the gold with the white is quite unusual. There's no denying they are a marked improvement on past efforts. Its just then you look at something like the zoot, which will probably be really popular and you see that black and green.......and i can't help but think..... just when they might be getting there.

However on reflection, i'm quite bored of the subject and i wish good luck to onza.