Search Function/ Weight

scotty007

Is it jusy me or does the search function on the forum work or not .Ive tryed puting in many diffrent words related to trials such as : Weight , tyryes, brakes ect and they all come up blank. The resson i ask is cause iv seen many new threads being attacked for asking simple questions and not using the search function. Basicaly my Question is : What should or is a good weight for a stock 26" trials bike as im now gonna finish my build and want to compare it to others on the forum .

Yeah, doesn't seem to work too well. When it is actually working though, searching for 'basic' stuff like "tyres", "brakes" and so on is going to get a shitload of not very helpful results just 'cos it'll flag up all posts with them in - not ideal.

Well im glad to see its the same for most and not just me bein a class A dumm arse. I would still like to know what the ideal wheight for a stock bike is . I mean just the norm not the absolute top end of the spectrum .

Iv seen 26" come in at 10kg 12kg is this the average or less or even more thanks guys and some gals !!!!

Is it jusy me or does the search function on the forum work or not .Ive tryed puting in many diffrent words related to trials such as : Weight , tyryes, brakes ect and they all come up blank. The resson i ask is cause iv seen many new threads being attacked for asking simple questions and not using the search function. Basicaly my Question is : What should or is a good weight for a stock 26" trials bike as im now gonna finish my build and want to compare it to others on the forum .

That will be your problem then. :P

Whats that ment to mean cause it sounds a tad sarcastic to me ??? Or am i missing something here ?

.Ive tryed puting in many diffrent words related to trials such as : Weight , tyryes, brakes ect and they all come up blank.

I think the sarcasm was intentional :)

Edited by konstant

Weight wise, it's possible to build up a reasonably light but still pretty strong build between 10kg-11kg. If your bike falls into that weight category, I doubt you've got much to worry about (Y)

A good light weight stock should be around just under 9 to just over 10 I reckons.....full build deng tank's are normally around 11.5. Anywhere in between and all good really :)

MY coustellier is 10.3 at the moment....but with front magura, burns and new front wheel it *should* be sub 10kg :)

A good light weight stock should be around just under 9 to just over 10 I reckons.....full build deng tank's are normally around 11.5. Anywhere in between and all good really :)

MY coustellier is 10.3 at the moment....but with front magura, burns and new front wheel it *should* be sub 10kg :)

Less than 9kg is really light for stock*, most light stocks I would class between 9 and 10kg :)

Deng tanks are, well, tanks :P

*sits here smugly with an 8.8kg triton ;)

It's worth bearing in mind most quoted weights from people are absolute toss, and aren't work the 1's and 0's they're written on.

Mines weighed on the scales at work, calibrated to 1g so Im quite confident mine was actually 8.884kg :)

8884g.JPG

Mind you it doesnt weigh that anymore, quite a few bits have changed since then.

Edited by forteh