Respraying

rathergoodpie

Ok, so I'm now on my 5th red white and black bike, and to be honest getting a bit bored of them!

I have red bits on the bike so I'm thinking of something that will complement them, Im thinking a mix between the yeti blue and a sort of peppermint green. Not sure though. Did a very quick photoshop job to try and get an Idea. I'd quite like to keep the forks / wheels black by the way.

what do you think?

colourb.jpg

Rob

I quite like it, need some graphics too though I reckon, just to link the three colours together.

Agreed, some real grungy skulls or ladies would look great on there! where do you take it to be sprayed? or is it just a hand done thing with some cans from halfords?

Agreed. Mint greeny one but with a better stripe.

Yeah I'm leaning towards the green one, not seen many bikes in this colour. I'm gonna spray myself, I did a job on a Czar i got off Bigman a couple of years ago and that turned out quite well.

gallery_1016_228_6451.jpeg

Agree it needs some stickers to tie it all together though. Prob try and get some custom ones made.

The Boon has done that Greeny colour on his Curtis. Well, its similar.

I'd go without the black and white stripes and just have it solid with some decent black stickers. I really don’t know what people have got with skulls though. Tattoos, posters, on bike paint jobs......Where’s the appeal?

I'd go without the black and white stripes and just have it solid with some decent black stickers. I really don’t know what people have got with skulls though. Tattoos, posters, on bike paint jobs......Where’s the appeal?

Agreed, tattoos / skulls etc. Its all a bit emo for my liking. Clean and simple I say. (Y)

100% agree and what i was going to type. Loose the black front end. What about a cream colour....could go nicely with the red? Or perhaps a red frame........?

And you could do the bars to match.

I saw some guy once who had a white inspired and just flecked it with paint like a jackson pollock painting. Did the bars aswell and it looked amazing.

Quite a deep cream i guess you're thinking of?

Yeah I think Im gonna have to do a couple of new photoshops this eve ;)

I'd say try one of the original ideas you did, but with the black and white swapped over so it was [colour -> black -> white] because I reckon it'd make for a pretty funky monotone front end swapping black/white across bars, stem, headtube and forks...

Here's a little paint project I'm doing for a friend at the moment: http://www.flickr.co...57623508798635/

Something a little different, but the outcome is worth the effort in my opinion.

edit, pictures:

4438853912_8950bca891.jpg

4438853514_eefa288967.jpg

Hopefully I'll be finished by tomorrow.

Looks a bit like this now\/ I guess you don't need any inspiration if you've already settled on a design, but I thought some of you may be interested in seeing the finished product.

27023_10150156856080158_791055157_11467394_1438426_n.jpg

27023_10150156856065158_791055157_11467393_121395_n.jpg

Any ideas where Boon might have got the paint from? Or did curtis spray it themselves?

Cheers