Just Ordered The New Tnn Belaey :)

liam1992

Mark set up was/is tryall rim simtra frame 04 maggie with fresh products lever, sharp grind and freshish bleed.

Ive rang up a few time as i thought i was doing it wrong.

Changed to phatpads and they bedded in instantly and im not looking back.

Edited by onzatrip

I dont think im ever going to try TNN pads since alot of people say there pants, im gonna stick with my heatsinks ^_^ but you never know, these bealey pads could be epic?

I'm willing to bet more people say they're good than bad.

I have the TNN LGMs and within the first few weeks of having them i took them on and off 3 times (to make sure they really were as bad as i remembered) The most recent time i put them on however, i left them on and slowly but surely they have got better. Im using them now and they are awesome. No idea why it took so long for them to get good, but im happy with them now.

On a side note;

- Pads feature angled faces to increase braking pressure by exerting the force through a smaller area

This is a bit cheeky isnt it? Although the pressure is increased, the decrease in friction (from a smaller pad surface) is exactly offset by the increase in pressure, which means it wouldnt actually make the brake anymore powerful.

http://www.physlink.com/education/askexperts/ae140.cfm

Edited by Clawz114

Although the pressure is increased, the decrease in friction (from a smaller pad surface) is exactly offset by the increase in pressure, which means it wouldnt actually make the brake anymore powerful.

In theory, I guess so. In practice, it makes a difference. Either way, the statement is still fact.

Pads: Tnn Kenny Belaey

Time used: A month or so

Rim used: Try-All

Grind: Yes

Ceraminc: No

Brake used: Magura

What is your opinion of a working brake: Good bite and hold

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Amazing!

Review: Got these before they are in the shops, to do some testing for Tnn Engineering. Theses pads took about 30mins to bed in, on a fresh, light but sharp grind. After the bedding in, they are insane! Tnn will do very well with these pads, as they are better than any pad I've ever tried. (Hs yellows/blues/reds, koxx yellows/blues/greens, Phatpads, Plaz CRMs and just abit better than my LGMs).

Honestly, the best pad I've used! :)

In that case,

bush_doing_it_wrong.jpg

What setup are you using?

I would disagree.

All four people in this area that have tried them (one of them being me) have had nothing but bad experiences. It's not that we can't set brakes up, Ben's is usually TOO good.

Maybe there's just some inconsistencies in the batch :P

Seriously - koolstops performed better than those things.

Also - isn't this a thread you should make before wasting money on them?

I would disagree.

All four people in this area that have tried them (one of them being me) have had nothing but bad experiences. It's not that we can't set brakes up, Ben's is usually TOO good.

Seriously - koolstops performed better than those things.

Also - isn't this a thread you should make before wasting money on them?

A lot of people with Try All rims have had bad experiences with TNN LGMs, me included... I switched to an Echo Urban rim and the brake was instantly amazing. I know many people who have had this problem with Try All rims...

Someone once mentioned that they only work well on a stiff rim, which I am beginning to think is true

All four people in this area have tried them and had nothing but good experiences :P

Just ordered these new pads haven't seen any reviews on them just wondering if anyone has got them yet and if they are any good :)

Liam - you grind your rim once a year, these are for medium and sharp grinds to make them work briliantly.

Edited by 3dd

All four people in this area have tried them and had nothing but good experiences :P

compared to brakeless :rolleyes: no wonder :P will the refills fit straight into tnn vee backings? (mine are the early yellow pad versions)