Just Ordered The New Tnn Belaey :)

liam1992

In that case,

bush_doing_it_wrong.jpg

What setup are you using?

Haha! i thought that because my mates running those Tnn Lgm's squarely on a grind and iv felt them, theyre epic! :P

I cant decide between Tnn cnc backings with Rockblue material, or Tristans suggesting phatpads in cnc backings to me, hmmm decisions decisions! helllllp! either way i'll be using Echo TR clamps and a light grind.

TNN are poo dont rate them at all!

heatsink is where its at! never heard a bad thing about them!

Very immature response. I don't see how your few small words can actually add value to this topic...

Please read the topic starters question before opening your gob.

i dunno why people bum tnn pads at all when i reckon they are the sickest out there. I ran lgms on my inspired with a 24byc lt rim thats not even a flat/sqaure wall and NOT GROUND and they shatted over most peoples setups i rode with a grind. Im running them on my new meta vtt2 build now with trialtech rims NO GRIND and they are just nuts, honestly dont think ill bother grinding bc the lock and mod on these are just frickin nuts, I can only imagine the newies are better.

Opinions and reviews are opinions and reviews. If YOU wanna know how they perform, just buy them and ultimately make your own decision. It doesnt mean ur gonna be broke for the rest of ur life if u but 18quid pads. I just reckon there are too many sheep out there (i cant talk, i used to be the same when it came to choosing a 24 or stock bike!) who hang off the word and experience of others who

a) ride differently

B) taller and weigh different

c) different bike setup

d) expect something based on a previous poor experience, or just generally think there is better out there.

just buy the f%^#in things and if u dont like em, sell em

Edited by Sethgun

I would disagree.

All four people in this area that have tried them (one of them being me) have had nothing but bad experiences. It's not that we can't set brakes up, Ben's is usually TOO good.

Maybe there's just some inconsistencies in the batch :P

Seriously - koolstops performed better than those things.

Also - isn't this a thread you should make before wasting money on them?

i had that problem but then i have riden some peoples set ups and they have been stupid, on my skull with booster i had never felt a better brake where as on my monty it was wank...

Very immature response. I don't see how your few small words can actually add value to this topic...

Please read the topic starters question before opening your gob.

yep. exactly my thoughts. Tnn kicks ass

Wow what a read.

So here is may two cents on LGM vs Kenny Belaey pads.

LGM pads

Works best with a quality rim (rims that hold harsh grinds longer) ground as rough as possible (move grinder quickly whilst grinding) and a booster. This is a mega slow wearing compound so it does take upwards of 2 rides to bed in. LGM have a truely on/off feel with next to no modulation at all when run on a rough grind. Works well in wet and muddy conditions losing 30% locking power but still has more than enough power to continue riding. 9/10 for noise.

Kenny Belaey pads.

Not so grind dependent will work on any grind including worn grinds. Bedding in time is almost instant as long as pads are set up square. The Kenny pads are a more controlled pad delivering modulation and power in a sooth manner. Works well in the wet and muddy conditions also losing 30% of locking power but still more than enough power to continue riding. Noise is 5/10 with a fresh grind but can be almost silence on a worn grind.

On a side note KB are pretty awesome with vee's.

compared to brakeless :rolleyes: no wonder :P will the refills fit straight into tnn vee backings? (mine are the early yellow pad versions)

Sorry to say no they won't fit. But LGM compound is available for the 1st generation Vee pad.

My review

‘I have been testing the pads extensively the past couple of months, in all kind of circumstances, but after riding several national and international contests I am now convinced about this pad more than any pad ever could convince me.

Most pads are too rude or too soft but this one is both at the same time... It’s just perfect’

Kenny Belaey

I had heatsink snowy's before this and kicking up onto my rear I would have instant bite and then slip and constantly fall on my ass. This is on a trialtech rim rough grind.

I am 6'4 and ~105-110KG's which may have been the problem. Changed pads to TNN LGM pads and have never looked back! Have never slipped once and has strong bite every single time! I honestly dunno what you poms are doing wrong, but fix it because these pads are the shit!

Havent tried the KB's, but if they are even half as good as the LGM's, then they will shit all over heatsinks.

Edited by phatdex