The Secret To A Good Trial Video

Ashes

There are many different syles that ive noicd people using when shooting videos. However whenever i go to make one i always seem to fail massively despite having a freind whos amazing on windows movie maker. (shout out to matt.price) cheers pal.

Thanks fo your time.

Ashes.

Is there actually a point to this topic? If there is i dont get it...

Well i wnt to improve my videos however at the moment i am tuck in abit of a rut and would just like to hear some opinions that would help my to better myself.

I think that really the quality of the video comes down to the riding but it can almost be made up for good editing and song choice. I'm not really to sure myself, I've made one and am planning on doing another in the summer, but have never edited anything before.

Also I hate not being the one filming, as in I'd like to be the one filming myself.

Sorry this hasn't really answer much

I think that really the quality of the video comes down to the riding but it can almost be made up for good editing and song choice. I'm not really to sure myself, I've made one and am planning on doing another in the summer, but have never edited anything before.

Also I hate not being the one filming, as in I'd like to be the one filming myself.

Sorry this hasn't really answer much

Thanks very much, anythings better than nothing, i dont suppose it would be possible for you to post a link of your video in this topic so that i could have a look?

Thanks for the help.

Ashes.

Thanks very much, anythings better than nothing, i dont suppose it would be possible for you to post a link of your video in this topic so that i could have a look?

It's in my signature. One thing you can learn from it is don't be cheap and buy editing software so you don't have a stupid watermark in it.

And if fisheye was a person I would murder it.

sarcasm fail. watch videos that are popular, lie in the title of your video (suggest your doing massive TGS moves regardless of your ability)

:haha: No sarcasm ment honest, just re - read it and it did sound pretty sarcastic, sorry. But about this camera ?

How much?

Also ......... type properly your not doing yourself any favours on the forum.

Thanks though.

Ashes.

I was taking the piss...

Fisheye's really should be avoided unless you're trying to be Danny Swindlehurst (if you are trying that, though, remember to change the aspect ratio as well so everything looks taller)

Song - MOST important

Drama - The video has to build well and have enough of a mix of bails etc to keep you on your toes. Where's the fun when you KNOW they will land everything?

Pace - Very important to prevent extreme boredom

Spectacular riding - Video's are about what you can see, not what is hard/technically difficult, take that into account

Pace - Very important to prevent extreme boredom

Unless you're going for an intentionally chilled vibe, but you need to make sure it's not just a yawn-rest if you're going for that.

Perfect example of an awesome chilled video being Mr Bennett, here;

Unless you're going for an intentionally chilled vibe, but you need to make sure it's not just a yawn-rest if you're going for that.

Perfect example of an awesome chilled video being Mr Bennett, here;

Yer i liked it alot, found it abit slow to get into it though. Have you got any ideas on how yocould speed this up, possibly music that hs a chorus near the start so that it gets the video going abit quicker if you get me.

Do you tink that would be a good idea ?

Thanks.

Ashes.

]

When I put pace I didn't necessarily mean do it fast, I meant you've got to know when to pick it up a bit and when it's ok to drawn out a section. I see a lot of videos with long boring starts which I generally skip past

that's the idea... It was an example of a totally chilled out video that wasn't boring (in my view, anyway) i was just saying that although slow that's a really enjoyable watch.

Joel's video's tend to be slow burners, but it suits his riding style down to the ground and i love every one of them.

Just experiment and find out what goes with the way you ride, you couldn't make a video like that with hard, fast, slamming into every wall within a ten metre radius TGS and have it turn out as good.

Mike; yeah i get that totally, was just saying that videos don't need to be fast paced to avoid boring those who are watching it.

Edited by Skoze

Spectacular riding - Video's are about what you can see, not what is hard/technically difficult, take that into account

I'd disagree with that entirely, and I'd also suggest that's probably a large part of the reason there are a lot of riders around now who are sketchy as hell and bad at actually riding a bike but can sidehop 50". Most TGSers won't appreciate tech lines, but a lot of people still do. Same way that a lot of people don't "get" natural videos, but I like them just because it shows a different level of riding rather than just repeated sidehops or gaps onto and from square edges. Like with that French Cup video that was up last week, the riding's pretty big in terms of inches, but it's also tech as f**k and being able to see how they're able to control their bikes in the hardest situations is awesome. Obviously it's not for everyone, but saying that videos aren't about what is hard or technically difficult is massively incorrect.

When I put pace I didn't necessarily mean do it fast, I meant you've got to know when to pick it up a bit and when it's ok to drawn out a section. I see a lot of videos with long boring starts which I generally skip past

Yer thats what i was trying to get at just didnt word it apropriatly.

Thanks.

Ashes.

Oh, and it's always, always, always good to end with a 'banger' of some kind. Building up to the best move of the video right at the end is a sound plan - it's so disappointing when videos just sort of trail off at the end.