Who Made The First Trials Bike We See Today?

LordMersey

Wasnt it koxx with the 1065 levelboss in 2001/2002 or there abouts?

I think monty lost the seats on the stocks before that but didnt have the long and low frame, Im probably wrong and someone will be along to correct me :D

In terms of stocks it was Koxx with the Levelboss in 2002. Also the first frame to come in long lengths, 1065 and 1100, everything else was really short before then, and they never broke.

Such a revolutionary frame, I really really wish I'd never sold mine.

In terms of stocks it was Koxx with the Levelboss in 2002. Also the first frame to come in long lengths, 1065 and 1100, everything else was really short before then, and they never broke.

Bugger me I got something right :D

My mate has still got his old 1065 levelboss built up, bloody bombproof that thing is :)

Geo was 1065/1100mm wheelbase, 385mm chainstays, 0mm BB rise, 8" seat tube. Pretty bang on to todays standards when you consider it's 8 years ago.

Also considering the most trialsy frame beforehand was probably the Brisa B26, which was 1025mm wheelbase, 405mm chainstays, -something BB drop, 12 1/2" seat tube.

When did you sell it?

o bought one off ebay not too long ago (a few months)

not long finished building it up, and im loving it!!!!

she is a bit battered, but thats ok, its what you'd expect for something that age!! with a few bodges she's running nice and smooth!

I remember the Echo ES4 for the first time

It was a picture on a table with a white sheet hung behind it

The ES4R followed, (2.9lbs?)

for me, thats the first radical frame i saw.

Still, been into it since 1999, wasnt the ES4 before the level boss?

I remember the Echo ES4 for the first time

It was a picture on a table with a white sheet hung behind it

The ES4R followed, (2.9lbs?)

for me, thats the first radical frame i saw.

Still, been into it since 1999, wasnt the ES4 before the level boss?

ES4 was an immense frame, I still have mine :)

Pretty sure the level boss was before the ES4 though, but I could be totally wrong.

Surely that doesn't make a difference to the question of whether the Levelboss was before the ES4 though? :P

ES2, ES3 and ES4 were almost exactly the same. The ES4 was just a lighter version I believe. Wasn't a lot of time difference between them when they were released.

The Onza Master frame was the first truely low slung frame designed without any consideration for a seat. It also had high BB. It was designed by us in 1998 and introduced on the Master in 1999 closely followed by the Mag in 2000, using the same frame. When we designed it there were only 2 other trials bike makers in the world, Monty and Megamo. They both produced seatless frames, but still with a diamond frame look about them. GT had dabbled, influenced by Hans Rey but had ceased production by then Brisa and Echo followed in about 2000 and I don't think Koxx arrived until about 2002.

The only reason we didn't continue with that frame was due to material issues with the frame maker.

The first without a seat was a 98/99 monty x lite. The blue one.

Was weird seeing it for the first time!

I thought it was 99? Wasn't the first one green, I remember Paul Thomson having one. That had a seat tube, and a clamp so could have taken a seatpost, but instead had a neoprene pad covering the hole.

The Onza Master frame was the first truely low slung frame designed without any consideration for a seat. It also had high BB. It was designed by us in 1998 and introduced on the Master in 1999 closely followed by the Mag in 2000, using the same frame. When we designed it there were only 2 other trials bike makers in the world, Monty and Megamo. They both produced seatless frames, but still with a diamond frame look about them. GT had dabbled, influenced by Hans Rey but had ceased production by then Brisa and Echo followed in about 2000 and I don't think Koxx arrived until about 2002.

The only reason we didn't continue with that frame was due to material issues with the frame maker.

Mike, the Megamos (And Echos and Brisas...) of that time had those tiny plastic seats that retailed for a fortune. I think the Koxx Levelboss was the first 26" bike to not be able to have a seat at all.

I haven't got all my slides scanned, but 2002 for the intro of Koxx sounds about right. Onza appeared on the scene well before that! (Heck, I remember seeing the first mod frame in the old shop in Notts! Either end of 99, or early 2000)