Strong, Slow Wearing Tyres?

bikeperson45

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do Conti tyres wear fast?

• Yes
    • No
    • I just want to vote for something

I'm getting a lot of pinch punctures later and my Larson's getting prett worn out, but it's only been on for about a month and a half and grip is pretty much non-existant.

So what tyre will last a long time? Now it's summer I'm pretty much riding everyday. Maxxis Holyrollers good? What's their thickness like?

Although I still want grip for rail stuff, so pretty much looking for a perfect tyre...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Edited by bikeperson45

I'm getting a lot of pinch punctures later and my Larson's getting prett worn out, but it's only been on for about a month and a half and grip is pretty much non-existant.

So what tyre will last a long time? Now it's summer I'm pretty much riding everyday. Maxxis Holyrollers good? What's their thickness like?

Although I still want grip for rail stuff, so pretty much looking for a perfect tyre...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Front or rear? Mod or stock?

Ignore the last two posts. Der Kaiser or Rain King. You will never puncture, they wear out really slowly, the grippiest compound out there, and even if it is heavy and expensive, it has the best rebound yet!!

High roller always pinch flat... In my experience at least.

I got my rubber queen off bigman in october 08, it still has about 60-75% tread left :)

Ok, I think the DK and RK are slightly softer but even so thats astonishing wear, grip is still pretty good although not quite as good as it was.

My old Rubber Queen was on for about 6 months, and it was second hand then. (From Ali C I seem to remember).

I then had to get a 2.35" Maxxis, because I got a new frame that was pretty skinny, it was the 42A version, and within about 2 weeks it had worn more than the rubber queen had in 6 months.

I was riding fairly regularly too, it wasn't like I had a few months off with the rubber queen.

I have been running rain king for 3 months now and it's prety much as good as new. If you want something grppy, cheap and long lasting try Kenda Nevegal Stick-e. I had a rear one before and that lasted ages. My front nevegal that I had for 7 month has still got middle tread left (about 3mm) And it is very grippy! Those are cheap too!

What sort of rim are you running? 47mm wide beast? What sort of riding are you doing? Streety street? Pure trials street?

For pure street trials the DK and RK are probably where its at if you have the cash to spend. Ive been running a DK for 6 months and its been great...Just dont pull skids on it!

As for riding streety street as I call it, I think a dual ply Max Pro Maxxis minion would be perfect. Fast rolling, hard wearing, no chance of punctures and you can even go as small as a 2.35 as on a 47mm wide rim, its still a decent size. CRC and Tarty (I think) do these for a decent price. I used to run these tyres for years and loved them.