Rip Maladie :(

Simpson

I'm pretty sure I was there when simps did that backwheel, at the law court wall yes? I

Yep although speaking about me in the 3rd person is kinda wierd haha yea 1st bloody ride... DOH

Got a lovely Zona Zip frame... ;)

If you don't build that back up Dan, you won't just be dreaming about me, I will be round with a allen key to strip your bike, and build YOUR goddam zip back up for you.

Baaaasically, why are companies making all these light weight frames when more riders ride street? (I have no prove but I'm sure most would agree). And which silly person decided to make light weight frames for street... All the companies need to sort some things out.

That's why there are two main classes of modern frames being manufactured: there are competition and street ones. Zoo lynx and Echo still last longer for 250 bucks even if bash stones outside of your town, while you can get some latest Koxx or Rockman model twice priced and ruin it after a few rides. I believe a skilled rider can handle both heavy- and light-weighted frames with the same high-skill of riding while newcommers just keep buying the new frames and breaking those b/c being stupid. I will agree: you always have to accept a probabilty of ANY frame to be cracked by it depends on how tough you ride it.

That does Suck Simps, But I was always under the impression that the maladie was not a frame designed for street riding, but a HS33 version of the Aurem, making it a long, light high BB comp bike with a HS33 mount. If it were a street frame it would have been heavier than it is, I know one of the frames I have been asked to test for them soon is a frame designed for streety riders and it is a good 250-300g heavier than thier current stock frames.......

Still sucks for you though :(

Adam

Baaaasically, why are companies making all these light weight frames when more riders ride street? (I have no prove but I'm sure most would agree). And which silly person decided to make light weight frames for street... All the companies need to sort some things out.

Supply and demand. There's not much money in the street market. Most people seem to just use the FS/WTD section on here meaning that for the actual companies, there's not much money to be made by companies in that area. Similarly, for 'light weight frame for street' - again, it's what people always ask for. Whenever people speak to me on the phone asking about frames they always ask for a "Light, strong, cheap frame", and there just isn't one. As a result, people just go for a light frame, and if you're tanking into walls and the like that's obviously not going to end well.

That does Suck Simps, But I was always under the impression that the maladie was not a frame designed for street riding,

Yea now I've stated that as a fact I can't find it anywhere so maybe thats my mistake, and if it is then its totally my own fault that I brought a comp frame when I'm a fat lump lol

Get Rockman to ship me out a test frame :P hahaha

Supply and demand. There's not much money in the street market. Most people seem to just use the FS/WTD section on here meaning that for the actual companies, there's not much money to be made by companies in that area. Similarly, for 'light weight frame for street' - again, it's what people always ask for. Whenever people speak to me on the phone asking about frames they always ask for a "Light, strong, cheap frame", and there just isn't one. As a result, people just go for a light frame, and if you're tanking into walls and the like that's obviously not going to end well.

Zoo Lynx?

If you tank it, it will break.

Is that a mantra about trials frames in general or more specifically the Lynx?

Or are you having your own 'Feilds of dreams' experience?

Some people are just filthy bashers anyway (not implying anyone in this thread are) coff, coffOZZYcoff coff..........

Edited by Matt Vandart

mine went in exactly the same place, and my mates has gone there aswell, just really stressed and starting to crack, i sent mine of on 14th may and stil havnt got it back but its still in the post, has been for the last 2 weeks haha:/ hope its insured though incase tis got lost.