Pictures Of Your Brake Set Up Wanted

Phatmike

The main advantage on joe's setup is that you only have one hose coming out of each slave and therefore you can run the booster with almost no spacers at all, which ultimately results in an even stiffer set up + being neater and more compact. threaded fittings on the splitter are also way better the monty barbed fittings.

I'm liking Joe's setup - looks sweet.

I'll throw mine into the mix:

post-715-0-38894300-1292799280_thumb.jpg

post-715-0-68329600-1292799301_thumb.jpg

Josh & I spent a night in his workshop the other week re-welding and adding a plate onto the chainstays and modifying the brake mounts. We aligned the frame and milled out each mount, hand finishing each one with an angle grinder.

It's loads cleaner and much stiffer than with both halves of the mount. Next step is to mount the booster on top of the mount as the booster sits below the centre of the piston, so the mounts still flex outwards. On top of the mounts should see it in line with the centre, so maximum power captain!

You definitely win 'Slimfast slimmer of the week' Mike.

Excellent idea though, this should be the standard 4-bolt mount fitment, it seems like it puts way less stress on the bolts with the cylinder supported directly by the frame.

And Si, that splitter I bought off here was utter dogshite haha.

Surely having the cylinder directly mounted to the frame would mean your wheel would have to be exactly in the right place?

This set up wouldnt work on a mod due to the horizontal dropouts, where you need the fore and aft adjustablity with different chain lengths ect. . Would only work on stocks with

vertical dropouts where the wheel is in a constant place.

The only Mod I can think of that would work with this set up would be the Atomz Premier 20 with its vertical drop outs.

Really good Idea though Mike, that I think should be employed on Stock frames with vertical dropouts :)

Yeah that would work,

I can see the Idea taking off with Stocks more than Mods though. Low profile mounts on a mod for the win really.

Never liked spoke tensioners either haha, had to run one when I was waiting for my snail cams to arrive.

Was forever bending it from missed sidehops ect.

Edited by Echo Lite 09

Yeah that would work,

I can see the Idea taking off with Stocks more than Mods though. Low profile mounts on a mod for the win really.

Never liked spoke tensioners either haha, had to run one when I was waiting for my snail cams to arrive.

Was forever bending it from missed sidehops ect.

haha yeah +1, had to improvise and make one for a night ride in Sheff whilst waiting for my half link! Well scary doing drop offs thinking it's just going to ping off and make me eat concrete!

haha yeah +1, had to improvise and make one for a night ride in Sheff whilst waiting for my half link! Well scary doing drop offs thinking it's just going to ping off and make me eat concrete!

Haha, I very nearly did eat concrete when my chain pinged off. Had to jump over the bars laugh.gif

Think I need a half link, Im sure the brake mounts on my Zoo are mounted a little high up