What Am I Doing Wrong? (Gap)

Borat

Cant tell if your doing this cos of the fisheye but try going at an angle, to the side of your foot that you kick with.

Should help, also, do a massive kick and tuck. Plus, you might not be getting far enough because the thing you are going on to is thin and doesnt give you enough time to get your balance right?

Edited by Kieran Morrison

Use a more extreme fisheye - that'll work.

On a more serious note - nothing looks particularly wrong - just need to exaggerate all the movements - more preload etc ...

might be easier to practice on something that isn't down? In my experience it is much harder to put down all the beans correctly when you are going toward thin air. Flat to flat seems to be better for practising technique ?

As Rowan said, try on a flat gap, and take off something that isn't rounded as it's harder/more risky to do.

Other than that, more preload- really bend your legs and get down to the rear wheel, then launch your body towards the stem to really throw the bike.

Could do with some air tuck but that's a hard thing to do on a flat gap.

I used to gap like you and could never go more than 6 foot, so I took ^ that advise into condiseration and can now do 8/8 and a half.

Edited by Ben John - Hynes

not sure if you are already doing this (watched video couple of times and wasnt 100% sure)

tip i find is that if you let your wheel spin for as long as possible during the gap it seems to take me further also

also sounds really good when you are gapping but its the end result which is more important

does anyone else find this tip works, could maybe be somthing to do with the forward momentum of the spinning wheel?

could be a load of cobblers but seems to work for me......