Hydroxx Stock

Toby

Right so after riding mod for a lifetime i thought it would be a good idea to give stock ago, got frame, forks, stem, cranks and bash 2nd hand for a good price, stole some bits from my mod and spent loads on other new bits that i needed.

Had trouble getting chain tension/lining up brake mounts which is common on this frame, had to run a half link chain with new snail cam bolts with spacers (as you will see)

So flicky and light and looks the tits!

med_gallery_3283_2147_58715.jpg

med_gallery_3283_2147_123138.jpg

med_gallery_3283_2147_188936.jpg

Bodge job!

med_gallery_3283_2147_292884.jpg

yes looks well nice toby,couldnt possibly think who you got the frame off.

really like the raw look.wouldnt mind trying it when i cu next if that ok?so you got rnd the chain tension problem,it always was a pain in the arse youd think for how muck koxx frames are they would pay more attention to the brake mount position.really like it though.

Was this Hugh B's old one? Looks ace. Strange that you are having problems with chain tension/alignment unless you are running some strange and not typical stock gearing. I think my rockman slate 2 is the closest thing to this frame's design/geo and I did not have a single problem using 18-15.

Was this Hugh B's old one? Looks ace. Strange that you are having problems with chain tension/alignment unless you are running some strange and not typical stock gearing. I think my rockman slate 2 is the closest thing to this frame's design/geo and I did not have a single problem using 18-15.

it was my old frame,i was running 18-15 and had a problem with the driveside brake mount getting the clamp high enough to sit on rim nice.i had a old levelboss and had the same problem with that aswell.they must have a welder with a dodgy eye or broken tape measure!

it was my old frame,i was running 18-15 and had a problem with the driveside brake mount getting the clamp high enough to sit on rim nice.i had a old levelboss and had the same problem with that aswell.they must have a welder with a dodgy eye or broken tape measure!

Ah, I see. So stupid of them! I had that problem with both side on my Yaabaa stinger becauseof awkward chainstay lengh. Does it happen even with a stretched chain? Try to move the wheel a little bit left of centre so it's lower? I recommend to get it running with full link chain or atleast 1 half link. Tobi - half link chain will kill you!

Was able to ride for the first time today, why didnt i change to stock sooner? such a brilliant bike to ride, was still able to pop out a 47inch sidehop and done a up to front gap i would of never touched on my mod :P plus taps are so effortless!

Bike looks lush! Really really nice - big fan of these especially stripped (Y)

You've ordered a half link, despite the fact you've got about 80 of them there already?! :P

Pins are hollow and holes in the links, so i doubt they will stand up too much :P

Cant wait to get out on it again, havnt been this pumped to ride in ages :D

Bike looks awesome btw! Silver and black always looks great.

Cheers, simple colour coordination always works best ;)

Edited by Toby

Right so after riding mod for a lifetime i thought it would be a good idea to give stock ago, got frame, forks, stem, cranks and bash 2nd hand for a good price, stole some bits from my mod and spent loads on other new bits that i needed.

Had trouble getting chain tension/lining up brake mounts which is common on this frame, had to run a half link chain with new snail cam bolts with spacers (as you will see)

So flicky and light and looks the tits!

I Sex Wee'd A Lil Bit.

whats the spec

Wheels: rockman bulb hubs on rear rockman rim and front try-all rim, white trial-tech rimtape

Forks: trial-tech

Headset: echo sl

Stem/bars: try-all 3d stem on try-all carbon bars

BB: reset titanium

Cranks: rockman 175mm

Bash: trial-tech titanium

Freewheel: echo sl

Pedals:1 year old try-all superlight caged pedals :P

Chain: now running 3/32 k180 kool

Brakes: 4 finger lever maguras on croco yellows and try-all tpa's

Snail cams: echo tr

im guessing its around the 9kg area

Edited by Toby

Pretty prefect bike Toby. Cant wait to move to stock this year!

Weighed it the other night on a fish scale thing which isnt all the accurate :P was telling me between 8.6 and 8.7kg so i think it could be anywhere between 8.8 and 8.9kg :D

Edited by Toby