Tarty Days 2011

AdamR28

Do you go near RG45 6LF on your route to wales or would it be best for me to get to Reading station and meet Martin?

Marts not coming now, would you be able to get the train to portsmouth? only costs like 15quid, realised it adds an hour to our journey picking you up.

Marts not coming now, would you be able to get the train to portsmouth? only costs like 15quid, realised it adds an hour to our journey picking you up.

Last time I got a train to portsmouth it was 2 changes and a 3hour journey. I'll have a look on National Rail now.

Just read this whole thread from the start after ages away from this forum - can't wait :D. The same Irish contingent are heading over as last year for a second helping of trials, pyromania and talking shite :). We're sheduled to roll off the ferry around 5:30 am in Holyhead. We'll probably try to sleep somewhere if we can keep the adrenaline down and hit Tartydays as it opens on Saturday morning :)...

For anyone looking for me, I'll be on an all disk braked blue 26" GU riding everything under 2 feet high :P...

Is the location in the map linked below correct? Just want to make sure because we'll probably be navigating by it :)http://tartydays.co.uk/event-information/location/

Will there be Woodfest/Tartydays signposts up by cock fart on Saturday morning from Abergele or Bodelwyddan?

Leaving Pompey Friday at 6, sleeping in a layby, then saturday and coming home sunday evening.

Fancy keeping in comms about a specific layby? I've got the same plan, and then you'll have electricity and whatnot.

I'm assuming cock fart is some sort of phone typo?

He means right early in the morning :)

People have been asking this a lot so here goes.

We will NOT be taking orders down to the event for people. We've probably had 20 requests already, and taking so much stuff wouldn't be possible in terms of space, and it would be likely that something was forgotten. So, the best way is not to take anything so nobody is disappointed. Sorry!

Spares: I will have 20", 24" and 26" inner tubes, some Z610 HX chains and some rubber grips.

Prices: £5 for two tubes, £10 for a chain, £5 for a pair of grips. No change will be available. I won't be able to help you fit any items you buy. No exceptions! If you need to buy anything please come and find me, there won't be a 'shop' manned over the weekend, everything will be locked away.

Sorry to set such 'hard' rules but this event was always designed to be a relaxing weekend rather than an extension of being at work, it's erring dangerously towards being the latter and I need to halt it.

Any questions just ask!

Weather is forecasted cloudy on Saturday, then light rain Sunday. We all know that rain + wood = Death! :(

you will be surprised how grip it is in the wet

the woodfest guys will just get the chainsaws and put growths in the wood (Y)

Edited by alexczar