Planet X Zebdi Mk5

Matt24.

Just thought I would put up some pictures of my planet x zebdi. I favour the older school bike to newer school so this suits me down to the ground.

Spec

Planet x Zebdi frame mk 5

Onza tuf guy forks

race face stem

Deity DH bars

Deity lock on grips

fsa pig headset

trialtech bb with trial tech cranks with eno freewheel

dmr v8 pedals

mini seat - (only bit left to change to a pivotal proper seat

Magura hs33 original with goodridge braided hoses rear

Magura hs33 original with goodridge braided hose through streerer front

Front d521 on kenda street tyre

rear d521 ceramic on dmr hub with maxxis holy roller tyre rear screw on sprocket

Half link heavy duty chain gusset or surly cant remember..

Think thats about it, as above the last thing to change would be a proper seat on it.....

p4pb6118631.jpg

p4pb6118643.jpg

p4pb6118640.jpg

p4pb6118639.jpg

p4pb6118624.jpg

p4pb6118622.jpg

Matt

Edited by Matt24.

i like it mate but i dont at the same time its always nice to see old school frames built up with a nice spec but imo if your going to have a oldschool bike then have oldschool parts i.e. the cranks swap them with some burns or raceface and have a locked out mech for tensioner and maybe cut the hosing down a bit, on a positive note though its nicely co ordinated in colour and planet x's are cool

Yeah in a ideal world I would have a ck rear hub like I used to, If one day I can afford to put a ck on the rear there will definatly be some burns on the front. but the current set up gives me the best engagement for the cost. Yeah the hoses are the last thing I have done but as I do some park riding on it a bit and really don't want to go through the hassle of re-attaching the blasted goodridge connectors I thought I would run it a little longer just incase of mishaps that I tend to have in parks.......

Thanks for the comment.........

No, out of luck where the tensioner pulls into the frame it is tucket under the corner of the dropout so holds it out stiff, it may do once the chain stretches, at the moment it seems tight so until it isn't I'm going to leave as it is......

Hopefully get a video going soon, still building my arm strength back up from last summer fracturing left elbow and dislocating and fracturing right thumb. It has left me with a 20 degree bend in my left arm, once I can straighten my arm a bit better I can get a bit more heavily into my riding and get some footage up.....

Yeah i guess it is all personal opinion, and mine is I have always had black bikes with black parts and feel i needed some colour in m life haha, so just kept with the red in the planet x sticker and thought I would go with that. Thanks for the comments guys really nice to here people like it ....