What Is Better Front Free Wheel Or Back

nathanware

Yep, and mine is rear.

Basically front freewheel gives you better weight distribution and ground clearance, but the cranks will spin any time you're not on the pedals (not great for streety stuff).

Shove it on the back, sit back relax and enjoy a life happy ever after with jeans in tact, no stupid spinning cranks, and oh yeah....girls love a man with a rear freewheel. Fact.

I prefer the freewheel on the front. lighter, better weight distribution, quicker engagement, better ground clearance, ect.

I would COMPLETLY disagree with you, expect for a few days ago i got my jeans caught in the freewheel, jamming it that badly i snapped the rear axle :giggle:

There you go. Plus i ride street so i don't want my cranks spinning when i'm doing backflip-tailwhip-manual-180's you know?

I'd have thought you'd have gone for a less run of the mill example, but I suppose that does just enough to illustrate the point...

Well i didn't want to alienate these young people. I mean the real reason i run rear freewheel is for the chicks, and i guess a no-footer-540-indian-air-barrel-roll is a better example of why a front freewheel is just not suitable for the cool kids.