Onza Zoot 2010

Rourke

Hello I am a 14 year old kid and I'm 5.3 ft tall. First of all will the onza fit me rite? Also I learn fast, I have a unicycle, and MTB that i can hop and do long wheelies on. I've herd that it's for beginners though. But I don't wanna spend money fast and do it again when I become better. So I have herd people also upgrade them, so please tell me what upgrades I'd be looking at prettie soon? Also with the price please.

yeah they are good, i had one.

im a fast learner too, when i was getting good at trials, i swapped some parts and upgraded bits.

then the frame snapped though so ended up building a whole new bike.

i think they're abit over priced though when bought new. £540? nah..

if your gonna get one.. hang on for a second hand one, check ebay too.

The zoot is really good, you will only hear good thing about them normaly (apart from the frame snap above... :blink: ) I have one myself brought new from ebay around £375.00 (i think i got lucky..) i have upgraded a few parts, the brakes i now have a disc on the front and HS33 on the rear (the V-brakes are very good im just a tart and wanted to upgrade) i have new Front Freewheel (echo SL) as i broke the original. Most people on here say upgrade bars and stem, i find them ok so have stuck with them. I would just purchase the bike and upgrade parts as and when you need them..

IMO My first purchases would be...

Rear Brake booster (as there is alot of frame flex)

New chain to hand (the original fell to bits on me and is like an elastic band)

Hope this helps.. :rolleyes:

Thank you, how did u snap the frame?

dropped off a 4 foot wall and i think thats what did it, or a year of abuse.

mine also had a few upgraded parts, had a disc on the front with avid bb5 brake, trialtech stem, had avid single digit 7 brake on rear with booster, new chain.

id say the booster and the chain are the main bits, as pointed out above. the original chain is shit, and the brakes work good with booster.

You should be able to pick up a booster in the classifieds on here for around a tenner or so posted upwards, remember that you need a vee booster though, rather than the more common 2/4 bolt Magura ones.

A new chain will set you back around the same - I wouldn't worry too much about instantly changing the chain on a new bike, but if you go second hand (near new Zoots have been going for around £350 recently!) then it's nice to throw one on for peace of mind.

Again, a front disc is far from essential - it's generally heavier than a rim brake and will give a different feel, so before you go putting one on see if you like the brake that comes on the bike - with a bit of time to set them up right a vee will perform brilliantly, so you may find that replacing it is unnecessary. The funds you save there would more than cover your booster and chain too! (Y)

dropped off a 4 foot wall and i think thats what did it, or a year of abuse.

i hope it wasn't the 4 foot drop you done that cracked your zoot, beacuse i've had mine for 5 months now and the biggest drop i've done was 2.2 meters (i think thats just over 7 feet) and i've done that drop quite a few times and also lots more drops around a similar size... im checking my frame for cracks everywhere tomorrow haha!!

and to the original subject (rourke) i would definately recommend a zoot i'd say it would fit you perfectly, im 5ft11 and i only had to put one spacer under the standard stem to ride it comfortably, and the parts it comes with as standard are pretty reliable too, my friend bought one at the same time as me about 5 months ago and he hasn't changed a thing on it from new and it still rides really well and he's more than happy with it.

check my post in the trials chat section today to see what my zoot looks like with a few upgraded parts on it, as soon as i bought it i spent about £700 getting it the way i wanted it but it was mostly personal preference, i normally run front and rear onza elite disc brakes but i took them off today for a few days!!

definately get a zoot! (Y)

IF you somehow manage to kill your rims (they're pretty hard to kill, and if you buy yourself a spoke key for around a fiver you will be able to keep them true) then you'll be able to find a suitable replacement for around £20 upwards.

Any tube will do, so it'll be a couple of quid or a puncture repair kit.

As your just starting out i very much doubt you will kill a rim, mine takes alot of abuse and is still perfect. I have had to true the wheel a number of times but this is an easy job and as mentioned above a spoke key is only £5 or so.

Believe me, you wont be disapointed with the zoot ;)

Ok so I've done more research... The bike weighs about 12kg and 24lbs is that alot? Because my old bike is 31 pounds and it seemed like boulder. My friend has a adamant custom bike for street trials and it seems so light.

i found my zoot to be very light, i ride a prety hefty tgs barge most of the time, the zoot is a brilliant starter bike, just pick up some decent pads for the rear you'll be dandy for ages.

The onza zoot looks like a really nice bike and i've seen a few vids of people on it, they all look pretty good. My concern is that it looks very similar to a bmx style frame and doesn't have the sleek trials style =/, anyone else feel the same?