Clean - Section 01

Mark W

The 'judges' are now confirmed, the prizes are confirmed (around £1000s-worth, not bad!), and there's just over a week to go.

Crazyness!

Just bought Ben's old frame off him, so I will have a fourplay in time for it :D

James

Wrong quote there Mark?

Yea I'm guessing it'll be like it has been over the past couple of days; one or two showers, then bright sun for the rest of the day.

Looking forward to my first ride in maybe 10 months.

The North Wales representatives are dropping like flies...

Jamie Williams: Dislocated his shoulder the last time we rode

Tom Lancaster: Just just been called into work for Saturday

Alex Williams: No money

Will Arnold: In America (I'll let him off!)

I can't justify the fuels costs on my own - nooooooo!

(Fingers crossed that Skinny Dave is up for an epic weekend of trials)

Anyone needing a lift and willing to split fuel costs??

Does anyone want to go from along the North Wales coast between Bangor and Chester?

Or alternatively from Mid-Wales area, anywhere along the A5 between Bangor and the M54?

Rich J has kindly offered to put my van load of people up for Saturday night and potentially Friday night too.

So I'd be keen to ride Sunday as well as Saturday.

Get in touch and lets make a plan - it promises to be a amazing weekend.

Was going to save this 'til the 'proper' post on the Clean site about the jam when I get a chance to put that up, but as I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to do that tonight I thought I'd just put this up now: If you're a fully, officially sponsored rider (i.e. on a team website, receiving free bikes/frames), then you won't be eligible for the Top 3 prizes. The main reason for this is that it'd be a bit weird giving a team rider for a different company another company's product, but also that I feel they'd benefit riders who aren't getting free bikes/frames more. If you're one of those fully sponsored riders then firstly, congratulations, but secondly if you turn up, ride well and do some cool stuff then people are going to notice, take photos, film and so on, so you'll still be getting coverage from the event. This will in turn - hopefully - keep you sweet with your sponsors, which will hopefully keep your sponsors providing you with stuff. That's strictly the business side of things obviously - you can still ride and enjoy it, but yeah, I thought I'd better make that clear now. Should probably have done this a while back but it's one of the things I kept putting off/forgetting about. If you're a sponsored rider and either just get a discount on parts or occasionally receive some small parts for free then I don't really have a problem allowing you to potentially win, it's mainly the frame/bike sponsor that's the clincher.

If anyone feels that's unfair then mention it here - I'm willing to listen to arguments the other way, but I feel that this way is pretty fair for everyone.

• Like 1

I can't see how anybody can argue with that. Everybody is going to have a wicked time whether they win a prize or not, even if you're a non-sponsored rider who comes away with nothing, just be stoked that you were a part of something awesome.

Edited by nichols_sam

Does anyone want to go from along the North Wales coast between Bangor and Chester?

Or alternatively from Mid-Wales area, anywhere along the A5 between Bangor and the M54?

Rich J has kindly offered to put my van load of people up for Saturday night and potentially Friday night too.

Im afraid Friday is looking pretty unlikely now due to work being an absolute b*****d. But yeah if anyone wants Saturday, still more than welcome.

Course, thats fine. Situation is 7 bedroom house with only me living in it but turns out my housemates have not moved all there stuff out atm, but by Saturday it could all be gone. Even if it isn't gone there is still the beds and sofas just might be a bit of a mess.

In brief, yeah Mark that's fine, PM me if you want to and I will sort phone numbers, address etc.

OK so now Skinny Dave has definitely ruled himself out due to family commitments.

My offer of driving and splitting fuel monies still stands.

Leaving Saturday morning from Bangor, North Wales.

Come on!! *on knees pleading*