Echo Team 2011 Dd

Greetings

Well, it hasn't been dubbed the Team since Echo have stopped naming their range but I guess it could be called that seeing as there's a "Control" out too.

I'm shit at taking pics, sorry.

1041983.jpg

1041967.jpg

1041968d.jpg

1041971.jpg

1041972.jpg

1041975.jpg

1041976.jpg

1041977.jpg

1041981.jpg

1041970.jpg

Key spec:

- Almost full Ti spec apart from BB axle (even the bolts in TR hubs and stems are Ti)

- SL 7075 handlebars

- Frame with integrated tensioners as on the 24 and 26 - hub uses wider spacers and no snail cams

- TR/SL wheels with butted 2.0/1.5/2.0 spokes and alloy nipples

- Maxxis tubing and tyres (as standard uses Echo/Kenda)

- Weight: 8,16kg

At first glance I thought it was a custom anodized 'Lite' frame. Pretty neat! Especially the rims... are they a new 'n updated official version of the Echo SL rims? Front one looks great, are they still the same width as the original SLs or more the 39/47mm of the Trialtech and Atomz rims?

Would be great to see the other models!... and the new Zoo! 20"

That's awesome, thanks for the info! Little off-topic, but do/will you stock the double butted Echo SL spokes? Currently it seems that there aren't any readily available DB spoke sizes for 19" wheelbuilds especially!

Yes and no, it's a bit of a mess because Echo only stock the sizes needed to build their wheels. And since SL rims have a pretty small ERD, the butted spokes come in unusual lengths. I'm sure you can get butted spokes for front mod wheels, rear could be more difficult since the application of sub 177mm spokes is very limited in the biking world.

Thanks for the info guys!

Damn, the tempation to get a new frame has never been this high, I do have the money..

Is this more of a competition frame or will it hold up to some street bashing aswell?

Sorry for robbing the thread!

The frame weighs around 1250g, I think it's fair to assume that it won't take too much bashing. No matter how good the quality, there's just not enough material in this frame to make it strong and everlasting.

oh my god! That is the best looking bike I think I have ever seen, Deng has hit the nail on the head with this one. I hope theres a 26" bike to match.

There will be, very very soon.

The frame weighs around 1250g, I think it's fair to assume that it won't take too much bashing. No matter how good the quality, there's just not enough material in this frame to make it strong and everlasting.

There will be, very very soon.

Stock would look awesome if that colour. Like Vince's Sky. Onto a winner!