Impressive Crack/snap Onza Comp 2010Help Please

liam n

looks like you were landing a bit hard down on the front wheel when hooking. unlucky m8 but seriously i would get a new frame. a weld around a whole tube will never be as strong.

i was static hooking and i don't think i landed hard because i could only just get my front wheel over the hook if you understand me :S

also what about putting a sleeve over the crack and welding either side ;) ?

thanks

How do,

If you do end up welding it up, this is what i would do-

1) Get a thin cutting disc and cut along the full lenth of the crack, going around 5mm past the end of the crack on each side (opening it up (Y)).

2) Weld that up and grind flush.

3) Cut the gusset just before the semi-circle section and grind the welds off either side.

4) Fabricate a section to continue the gusset about 25mm past the crack.

5) Weld the section up fully.

Think thats the best way to get around it, you could make the section so that it covers the welded area (crack) if you wanted, might look a bit out of place mind.

Cheers,

Josh.

Edit- If you need someone to do it for you, let me know, sure we can sort something out :)

Edited by Rob Leech

How do,

If you do end up welding it up, this is what i would do-

1) Get a thin cutting disc and cut along the full lenth of the crack, going around 5mm past the end of the crack on each side (opening it up (Y)).

2) Weld that up and grind flush.

3) Cut the gusset just before the semi-circle section and grind the welds off either side.

4) Fabricate a section to continue the gusset about 25mm past the crack.

5) Weld the section up fully.

Think thats the best way to get around it, you could make the section so that it covers the welded area (crack) if you wanted, might look a bit out of place mind.

Cheers,

Josh.

Edit- If you need someone to do it for you, let me know, sure we can sort something out :)

Do this, I want to see how good a welder Rob is as I am looking for a good welder for a plan I have. (no offence meant there old bean)

Do this, I want to see how good a welder Rob is as I am looking for a good welder for a plan I have. (no offence meant there old bean)

None taken good sir, get in touch with Frankx2005 ( ithink, something like that :P), have done quite a bit for him, think he's got 2 more in the works aswell (Y).

Would like to know a bit more about this plan, even if im not involved, always like to see what others are up to :).

Cheers,

Josh.

Oh, and phatmike, have done alot of work with him recently (Y).

Edited by Rob Leech

None taken good sir, get in touch with Frankx2005 ( ithink, something like that :P), have done quite a bit for him, think he's got 2 more in the works aswell (Y).

Would like to know a bit more about this plan, even if im not involved, always like to see what others are up to :).

Cheers,

Josh.

Oh, and phatmike, have done alot of work with him recently (Y).

thanks for your offer kind sir :) but, had a word with onza/rock'n'roll and should be getting someting sorted out in the way of a new frame, hopefully, if i however decided to do something with the frame(which i'm sending back to rock n roll so will probably not get back) i'd keep you updated :)

thanks again, liam

thanks for your offer kind sir :) but, had a word with onza/rock'n'roll and should be getting someting sorted out in the way of a new frame, hopefully, if i however decided to do something with the frame(which i'm sending back to rock n roll so will probably not get back) i'd keep you updated :)

thanks again, liam

Ritey o chap,

hope it gets sorted for you :).

Cheers,

Josh.

I can testify the quality of his workmanship.

In not quite four years of knowing him, he has:

Welded my cracked Onza Zoot frame, which lasted another 8 months of riding and is still fine (if a little dusty from being in the loft :P).

Welded my MASSIVELY cracked Onza Comp frame - 'bout the same as the one that started this thread but at the bash mount - ridden for another 3 months and still fine (also dusty).

Welded my cracked Neon B4S, lasted another moth before dying.

Welded my cracked Leeson, and added cable stops so I can have a front mech.

Welded some Echo forks which lasted another month and a half afterwards.

Made me a head doctor.

Made a mech hanger for my Leeson.

Made an axle for my Chris King rear hub.

Made two axles for my Echo fixed hub.

Made an axle for my Onza fixed hub.

Tapped two frames brake mounts out to M6.

Countless rim dent removals.

Made a set of shims for 25.4mm bars to go in a 31.8mm stem.

Made a set of shims for 31.8mm clamp front mech to go on 27.1mm seat tube.

...I'm sure there's more I've forgotten. These are all just fixes for MY stuff, let alone everyone else's. I'm such a basher :( He's such a God :)

Edited by aener
  • Like 1

I've only met and ridden with Josh a couple of times but when I snapped my Speedrace Fans he offered to weld it up.

The job was spot on and he got it done and sent back to me in no time at all

I rode it for a further month or so before getting my Slate 3. It is still in my room as a spare if I snap the Rockman

I would recommend his workmanship without hesitation

i thought i'd jump on the bandwagon... i've never met josh but he just offered to weld my frame...he also made his own ally frame, and the carbon one looks pretty swish to ;)

I would recommend his workmanship without hesitation

• Like 1

I can testify the quality of his workmanship.

In not quite four years of knowing him, he has:

Welded my cracked Onza Zoot frame, which lasted another 8 months of riding and is still fine (if a little dusty from being in the loft :P).

Welded my MASSIVELY cracked Onza Comp frame - 'bout the same as the one that started this thread but at the bash mount - ridden for another 3 months and still fine (also dusty).

Welded my cracked Neon B4S, lasted another moth before dying.

Welded my cracked Leeson, and added cable stops so I can have a front mech.

Welded some Echo forks which lasted another month and a half afterwards.

Made me a head doctor.

Made a mech hanger for my Leeson.

Made an axle for my Chris King rear hub.

Made two axles for my Echo fixed hub.

Made an axle for my Onza fixed hub.

Tapped two frames brake mounts out to M6.

Countless rim dent removals.

Made a set of shims for 25.4mm bars to go in a 31.8mm stem.

Made a set of shims for 31.8mm clamp front mech to go on 27.1mm seat tube.

...I'm sure there's more I've forgotten. These are all just fixes for MY stuff, let alone everyone else's. I'm such a basher :( He's such a God :)

I thought me/Liam was bad!

You Fat B*****D! :P