Roof Drop Crash

Savage

what pads was he using out of interest? was a bad crash.

EDIT: i watched it again full screen, he headbutts his front wheel before he hits his head, i loled.

I watched this video, then read the comments, then watched it again just to see this, i also lol'd :lol:

Hope he's alright though! :)

• Like 1

what pads was he using out of interest? was a bad crash.

EDIT: i watched it again full screen, he headbutts his front wheel before he hits his head, i loled.

Last time and the first time I rode with Matt he was using LGMs. But that was like 10 months ago so im not sure if that still is the case. Sound like LGMs from the vid though !

im using lgms's lol good thing i wear a helmet! lol to be honest though the problem with lgms is they are great but you have to keep you grind and break setup perfect or you have problems. to be honest though looking at the video, dropping that far and landing with your front end so high on a slippery skate park grind box probly wasnt the best idea regardless of the pads lol hope the guys ok though! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well i think this is the first post i have made on trialsforum in about 5 years! Had to be about a crash really.

This was a drop i really wanted to land and my riding had been getting to a stage where i was confident i could actually do it. Definitely the biggest thing i have ever tried.

Nothing to do with the pads i was using i was too steep in the air (knew that as soon as i watched the video), and went a little too far.

Sadly this became far from a laughing matter for me last thursday when i received a phone call from my doctor. Radiologist reviewed my xray (taken on the day) and found a compression fracture of a vertebra in my spine. Back to hospital for more xrays and scans etc to make sure it isn't too serious. It is strange to think i have been riding in between the crash and finding out...even though going from lying to standing is agony.

As for the helmet i seriosuly recommend the fox flux because of the rear head protection. After smashing the fastening and cracking the shell i purchased another one. It took two weeks for the swelling on my head to go down enough to get the new helmet on!

I definitely watch this video in a different light now.