What A Legend!

Sam Oliver

That's called flow, smoothness, preservation of momentum.

yes i understand the physics behind it it just looks really cool. When you transfer bike momentum to body momentum back to bike it makes a really cool effect cause it looks like you eliminated the momentum.

right, compliment sandwich......

I like the scenery.

That video was awful.

I liked the weather.

Ok, enough of being a smart-arse, If he want's to spin like a mad top then he can and to be fair, when it comes to rear wheel spins he is pretty good.

I just didn't really understand any of it, most of the shots he had a camelback on, how hard it is to take it off when you're doing something? would look better without it.

The music was a bit "dramatic" for my liking. (edit, second song is actually good :) )

A lot of the moves were repeated (and should have been killed off in the 90s).

his style is very "erratic" not really my style, he just seemed to be bouncing about a bit wildly most of the time.

So yeah, not really my cup of tea, but he seems to enjoy it, so that's fine.

there is no need to slag off every video that isnt your bmx cup of tea is there.

yea its not my cup of tea either but the guys a bit of a legend, countless world titles to his name

it would be a very boring world if everybody liked everything.

Just because "he's a legend" doesn't mean I can't be honest about what I think. I thought that vid was pretty cringe worthy.

I liked and commented as such on Savages video, it doesn't have to be all spinny to be good. As long as the riding has flow, good style and interesting moves, I'll enjoy any video.

it would be a very boring world if everybody liked everything.

Just because "he's a legend" doesn't mean I can't be honest about what I think. I thought that vid was pretty cringe worthy.

I liked and commented as such on Savages video, it doesn't have to be all spinny to be good. As long as the riding has flow, good style and interesting moves, I'll enjoy any video.

it wasnt a question

neither was mine, you're point being?

That was a question if you were wondering.

why are you so argumentative?

once again my point is if you dont like a video then there s no need to post slagging it off, just keep it to yourself.

He didn't really slag it off, he put across a well structured post on what he thought of it and why. People read it, took it on board and got on with their lives, then you decided to do the opposite.

People don't always share opinions, which is both the downfall and the beauty of an online forum - it makes it what it is. Getting shitty about someone not agreeing with your POV is the only way that becomes an issue, so stop making it one.

once again my point is if you dont like a video then there s no need to post slagging it off, just keep it to yourself.

EVERYONE STOP FAAAARRRRRKKKKKIN' ARGUING!!!!!111!11!1!!! Including you. It's getting hugely tedious. This happens every time winter starts to show its face... (in fact I think I made a thread about it last year)

I'm not gonna bring out the 'everyone just ride your bikes and have fun' line, but seriously, the nitpicking shit is just childish and boring.

So if you have criticism, you keep it to yourself?

So... if it's a shit video, nobody says anything?

not all the time, but i watch pretty much all the vids on here, some are of younger kids, and to be honest the videos, and level of riding arnt great..

but there is no need to say hey kids your shit, thats going to put them right off trials..

to be honest if i start to watch a video i can tell if its gonna be any good in the first 10 secs, so if i think its crap ll just turn it off..

To quote Martyn....."I am not that grumpy!"

But yeah, I think you need to go and find out how arguments work. I wasn't argumentative, you came on spouting shit, I replied, you replied with more shit, I challenged you.....as much as I don't want to sound like a small child, you started it.

My first reply wasn't totally slagging it off, I said he's good at spins, I said the 2nd song was good and I said if he's enjoying it then that's fine.

Dave, find any video where I have told a kid he's shit? I try to hardly ever talk down the skill level of a rider unless it's to give them a helpful tip. I know as much as anyone what it's like when you are learning (heck, I still am now) and I know it would be a real kick in the teeth to have someone slag your riding off.

not all the time, but i watch pretty much all the vids on here, some are of younger kids, and to be honest the videos, and level of riding arnt great..

but there is no need to say hey kids your shit, thats going to put them right off trials..

I agree with that, there's no need to put someone down in an offensive manner, but there's also no harm in pointing out things you don't like. Maybe it would be useful for the next video?

A good example is when people told Kieran Morrison to get a damn tripod. He got a tripod, and his video quality improved.

To quote Martyn....."I am not that grumpy!"

But yeah, I think you need to go and find out how arguments work. I wasn't argumentative, you came on spouting shit, I replied, you replied with more shit, I challenged you.....as much as I don't want to sound like a small child, you started it.

My first reply wasn't totally slagging it off, I said he's good at spins, I said the 2nd song was good and I said if he's enjoying it then that's fine.

i live in the real world i know how they work, it was the typical sarcastic coment, same as time and time again..

any way i take it all back and i dont want to start any arguments

I guess he just doesn´t give a f**k how things look like. He just has fun doing all those weird tricks. Still, that video he made in 2005 called "ultimate mod video" will always stay in my mind as one of the most influential of all time for me. I saw it too many times. He's a legend and I would love to get my hands on one of those black 2004 monty ti.

got an 04 221ti frame here in black if you want it, pretty good condition, few scratches but no dents, threads all okay, yours for £60 posted