Gear Ratio For 24" Echo Trial Hep

mad-dog

gear ratio for 24" echo trial as have got 14t on rear and 18t up front need help as i put chain on and it rubs on top bit of frame and if take link out brake pads are only half on cheers in advance

Edited by mad-dog

18:16 will be massively too low. Try going the other way and try 18:13. Will take a while to get used to but would certainly be better than 16.

whys that too low...i run that (on my 26") iv been on marcs with that 18/16 and it feels fine I think.

Have you tried 18/15?

Again, on a 24", pretty damn low...

Running a King, however, you might be able to get away with 19:14 or similar. There are sites about that'll give the exact chainstay length required for a given ratio - get over to those and find something with an equivalent ratio but another 5mm on the stays, job done (Y)

I was running 18-14 on my old echo trial. Never had troubles like that. Although I think your problem is the high profile tyre and the chain. Get something like k710 it stretches so much more and quicker so you can pul the will aback a bit more. I ran 2.5 swampthing on the back. Hope it helps!