Why So Many Stem Stackers?

Matt Vandart

have the inspired risers changed geometry wise btw?!

sitting here with an inspired riser and a trialtech TT high rise bar and i swear they are almost identical! unless im looking at something in the wrong way - i cant see almost 15mm of difference at all?

quality of the pics isnt great but tried to show what i mean....ive had then on top of each other,back to back against a white wall and looked at head on...change the angles to try and get the most rise out of each bar and just cant see the difference?

even my not so scientific test of letting both bars hang down and see which was lower...even moving them forward and back they were near enough identical :S

like the last pic kindof shows, distance between the centres of the clamp section, and the centre of the end is minimal - bizarre. sorry to question anyone here! im not trying to be awkward

*edit - in terms of measurements, laying them flat on the ground against a straight line(the base of that paper say)...the distance between the base of the clamp section and the centre of the barend is 117mm for both sets of bars

303744_949877236851_61007549_45772724_302953301_n.jpg

380953_949877326671_61007549_45772725_449211242_n.jpg

374193_949877436451_61007549_45772726_70454013_n.jpg

Edited by chris4stars

quality of the pics isnt great but tried to show what i mean....ive had then on top of each other,back to back against a white wall and looked at head on...change the angles to try and get the most rise out of each bar and just cant see the difference?

even my not so scientific test of letting both bars hang down and see which was lower...even moving them forward and back they were near enough identical :S

like the last pic kindof shows, distance between the centres of the clamp section, and the centre of the end is minimal - bizarre. sorry to question anyone here! im not trying to be awkward

*edit - in terms of measurements, laying them flat on the ground against a straight line(the base of that paper say)...the distance between the base of the clamp section and the centre of the barend is 117mm for both sets of bars

We just checked one of the sets of bars we've got on a Skye here, and it turns out the bars supplied on the Skye are effectively 'high rise' Inspired bars - the aftermarket Inspired Risers are still the same as they've always been. We just checked with Inspired too and they've confirmed they're the same height as the Trialtech bars.

Would've been good to have known that for when you rang up about them earlier! We're happy to cover your return postage for the TT High Rise bars back to us too if you still want to send them back.

it turns out the bars supplied on the Skye are effectively 'high rise' Inspired bars

So does that still make them slightly different to the TT high rise bars? I've just changed to a Hope stem (90mm x 10 degrees) but due to the lower angle compared to the TT one (which is 25 degrees) I'm now after a little extra rise on the bars... Was considering the TT highs but not sure whether I'd be better looking either at something more 'standard' MTB. The Inspired bars are already nearly 3.5" so there's not really much out there with more of a rise except the TT's. Options?!

So does that still make them slightly different to the TT high rise bars? I've just changed to a Hope stem (90mm x 10 degrees) but due to the lower angle compared to the TT one (which is 25 degrees) I'm now after a little extra rise on the bars... Was considering the TT highs but not sure whether I'd be better looking either at something more 'standard' MTB. The Inspired bars are already nearly 3.5" so there's not really much out there with more of a rise except the TT's. Options?!

The TT bars still have quite a bit more rise compared to the 'normal' Inspired bars, so if you switched to them you'd immediately gain another 10+mm. I just used this stem chart and it turns out you lost 19mm of height overall by switching from the Race stem to the Hope stem, so you'll get back over half of that. There aren't really that many bars out there higher than the TT bars really, apart from the Atomlab Pimplite DJ bars I mentioned before. You'd be needing to change stem to use something else, or bust out a load of shims. Alternatively you can get the Trialtech stem back on, then get the High Rise bars too and have a win front end setup :P

(and sorry for questioning it in the first place)

Nah, it's all good that you did in that otherwise we wouldn't have known about it.

2.5" doublewalls? I used to swear by those (even when they snapped repeatedly)

Nothing will ever come close to those in terms of feel, they're perfect. Shame they're discontinued and good second hands ones are getting so thin on the ground :(

Nothing will ever come close to those in terms of feel, they're perfect. Shame they're discontinued and good second hands ones are getting so thin on the ground :(

But... they snapped repeatedly. they snapped repeatedly. they snapped repeatedly

Yeah it may of been those. Can't believed they discontinued them!! Should have just made them stronger