Echo Sl Rim Brakes

trials_pimp

Been a while since I have been on here,

anyway, I have got myself an echo SL rim brake, and I do really rate it, theres just 1 thing that bothers me.

It seems to creep. The more I ride, the more I have to adjust the pads in.

Its nothing stupid like a leak, loose bolts ect. I have a feeling its the adjuster winding off.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I mean other that this its a fantastic brake, and id hate to have to loose it due to this.

Also has anyone tried them with water yet? Do the work as well as Hs33's with water?

I have one.

I ran it with a magura piston as the Echo one caused it to leak. I found it harder to get a decent bleed with, and I didnt like the way you use a grub screw to hold the lever into the brake body.

It felt the same as a magura, and it still slowly leaked.

Wind your TPA all the way off, reset your brake with the pads nearer the rim and ride. If the lever still works its way closer to the bar, it's leaking.

I am going to go against the grain and say leak. I won't say more, only that you'll be back with more questions once you have the same problem again and you'll see what I have written and think that perhaps I am not just an idiot.

If not, I have just proved that I am indeed an idiot which I am willing to accept because I have suspected it for some time now.

• Like 2

Hi Friends . i have a ECHO SL Lever + Echo TR Slave Cylinder 2011 , i have the Similar problem and i think my brake leak, it will be better If i Bleed with water ? i bleeding it with dot 4 oil .

what should i do? :(

sorry for my bad english :(

Wrong fluid for the brake. Echo/ Magura brakes are meant to be bled with mineral oil, not synthetic DOT fluids.

Chances are your seals are ruined as a result of contacting the DOT fluid, and it's now leaking.

New O-ring for your lever piston, and new slave cylinders, bled with magura royal blood with sort it.

• Like 1

Wrong fluid for the brake. Echo/ Magura brakes are meant to be bled with mineral oil, not synthetic DOT fluids.

Chances are your seals are ruined as a result of contacting the DOT fluid, and it's now leaking.

New O-ring for your lever piston, and new slave cylinders, bled with magura royal blood with sort it.

Thanks for your help (Y) but i can't buy new slave cylinders and magura blood in Iran :( it will be wrong if i bleed with water? :S:blink::S

Thanks for your help (Y) but i can't buy new slave cylinders and magura blood in Iran :( it will be wrong if i bleed with water? :S:blink::S

You can try with water, but I would say the damage has already been done. Might have to track down some slaves if you can.

All I can suggest erm.gif

• Like 1

OK :( i find Shimano Disk brake mineral oil here , theres a problem to bleed with shimano mineral oil ?

i opened my lever and cleaned all parts of lever , is a way to open the cylinders and clean them?

Thanks again for helps (Y)

shimano-disc-brake-mineral-oil-bleed-kit.jpg

Should be no problem bleeding it with shimano oil thumbsupanim.gif

And you cant disassemble slaves. Bleed the brake up and hope it works :)

• Like 1

ive got the sl brake and i love it , the slaves are short so i dont catch my feet and i think it looks pukka and works well with a water bleed ...BUT it does leak every sorta 2 rides i just top it up with water tend to just tap the lever and get a few air bubles out , is there anywhere i can buy news seals for the body or does the sl not work well with a water bleed

I have heard alot of people using the magura slaves. I do want to try and stick with the echo slaves, as they offer me better heel clearance.

Ill have another look for a leak, and maybe try a fresh bleed. Will be a shame to get rid of it, as it is a nice brake. But if all else fails Ill go back to my magura.

I've got the Echo SL 2010 lever hooked up to some Magura slaves, this one:

dsc00995.jpg

and I find the exact same thing. It's had two bleeds in about 4 months and I can't find any leaks. I find myself adjusting the brake every ride to compensate, but I've never got close to bottoming the TPA out. Very odd.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know where I can get another of these levers?