Food!

Scott Gibbs

Werd. If you've got flavours in there already then a little soy and you're sorted. Particularly if you run some noodles instead of rice.

If you're using rice though, always worth cooking the day before and leaving it in the fridge - dries it out a touch to stop things getting starchy and sticky (Y)

I do occasionally cook too much rice on a Friday just so I can bang out some good egg fried rice for lunch on the Saturday. Drying it out works wonders.

Here's a question about rice.. Whats your best method to prevent stickiness?

I rinse it properly under cold water for at lest 30mins. People have told me to never stir it.. Never add anymore water and let it steam itself. But.. I can't seem to get it right.

I was watching a show the other and the traditional Indian method for rice is add very little water then cover the cooking pot full of rice in pastry then cook over an open fire.. But this is a bit expensive and unethical for cooking rice every time..

Here's a question about rice.. Whats your best method to prevent stickiness?

I rinse it properly under cold water for at lest 30mins. People have told me to never stir it.. Never add anymore water and let it steam itself. But.. I can't seem to get it right.

I was watching a show the other and the traditional Indian method for rice is add very little water then cover the cooking pot full of rice in pastry then cook over an open fire.. But this is a bit expensive and unethical for cooking rice every time..

Absorbtion (Easy) method:

1 cup of rice, 2 cups of boiling water. Very small amount of olive oil. Cover. Stir every now and again. Rice is cooked when water is gone.

Not really the tenants' fault though? If it's causing an issue put in place a 'fair usage' style arrangement so they get £XX of bills covered and anything more comes out of their pocket - job done (Y)

As with so many things, it's a case of the system being flawed. Obviously there's a level of abusing the system that needs to be taken care of by everyone, but generally if the flaw is known about it's fairly easy to work out the kinks :)

Like I say, I no longer need tenants so doesn't make any difference to me, just seems unnessesary to rinse a bit of rice for 30 mins.

Anyway, carry on...

I wont... it doesn't work anyway so no point in doing it like that. And i'd much rather he got things in the property fixed and i'd happily pay my own water rates but since hes done nothing i'm not treading on egg shell's..

Another strange one for you guy's;

Get a whole chicken or breast's and thigh's, smother the chicken in marmalade and djon mustard. Chuck it in a baking tray (if using breast not whole i would stick a little bit of water in there with half a stock cube depending on amount being cooked try not to cover it in stock or you will loose some of the marmalade). Cook for about 1hr 30 or untill chicken looks really tender and ready to fall apart! Serve with savory rice or something like it.