Just Back Into Trials And Some Pics Of My New Bike (Ashton Justice)

dpbayly

Well ive been off the scene for about 3 years, i started out my trial riding on a second-hand Koxx Level Boss and after really getting into it i brought a new bike from Tartybikes it was a GU typhoon 08 before they dispatched it i had everything upgraded and i loved it till i obliterated my right ankle playing football and i had no strength in it so sold up and thought id never ride trials again but for the last year ive done a lot of work in the gym on strengthening the muscles around my ankle and i think its now ready to try again.

So I've been looking round for a while and i found my Ashton on the forum for sale and snapped it up off Raggo, before i got it home i had already decided to change the brakes from cable disc and V to Hydro disc for the front and hydro rim brake for the rear that said i was very surprised how impressive the bb7 disc and single digit V performed but im still changing them,

Im 50% there I managed to grab a Avid Juicy 5 with 203mm rotor off Brettoll which should be fitted next week when it arrives and im now just on the hunt for the rim brake.

Here's the spec when i collected it:

Ashton Justice mk 3 frame

Pace forks with reverse mount

Hope Headset

FSA stem

Onza carbon bars

Middleburn cranks with 16 tooth sprocket

DMR v12 pedals

front viz disk hub and viz drilled rim

front 203mm avid bb7 disk brake

front Schwable black shark tyre

rear hope pro 2 hub with try all drilled rim

rear avid single digit 7 v brake with onza magura to v adaptor

rear schwable space 2.35 tyre

Here's how it looked when i collected it on Saturday:

2012-02-05191948.jpg

Ive since getting it made a few changes ive brought new tyres Try All Stiky front and rear with new rim tapes and i thought it had a miss match of colours so spruced up a few bits, i sprayed the Forks, stem and both rims white.

Here's how it looks now:

2012-02-09200854.jpg

I had a question to anyone that might know is this a MK3 Ashton only reason i ask is it doesn't have rear disc mounts and ive seen some that do?

Thanks guy's

Get that front end higher an it'll ride a million times better! Looks nice thou!

what stem/bars would you recommend? how much higher do i want to be going?

Is this the sort of thing i need?

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/26_inch_stems/vz_welded_2011/c41p11466.html

Edited by dpbayly

i have an ashton like yours for over a year now and i still dont know what stem/spacers combo i like the most.. :ermm:

ill go on Hope 110 x 10° on top two or three Headset Spacer

or Trialtech Sport Forged with no spacers beneath.

for bars ill recommend Trialtech Sport Riser (they are the best.)

i have an ashton like yours for over a year now and i still dont know what stem/spacers combo i like the most.. :ermm:

ill go on Hope 110 x 10° on top two or three Headset Spacer

or Trialtech Sport Forged with no spacers beneath.

for bars ill recommend Trialtech Sport Riser (they are the best.)

I ran a 90mmx17* try all stem an some 2.5"fireye risers on mine an absolutely loved it. Rode lovely. I'll try an dig a picture out for you...

Thanks guy's,

I'll check them out,

I'll change the stem first and go from there as i quite like my bars.