Radfest 2011 Highlights Video

Jonny Jones

Watching this makes me look more forward to it.. not far away now guys! I just can't wait to get my 2nd year of uni over with which is 2 weeks before this!.

Me, Balboa, Pugson & Whitey are definately going.

Kornel, Tomek and Mientko from Poland are thinking of coming to this too .

+1 Agreed! It would be good to have a normal comp as well would make the weekend a lot more fun :)

Yeah i agree

There is a national on Sunday..

No other comp..(Part from speedtrial)

Thats a shame, im sure theres alot of people who would want to take part in a normal comp (different leveled comps)

Thats a bummer....

Can Jack not get something sorted i suppose the comp doesn't exactly have to have major big prizes a few t-shirts or small essentials would be good.

Would just be good to see all abilities taking part in something whether your new to the sport or an old timer. I mean the sections at barrow look really good! Would be nice to see some comp flags/tape spaced around for different routes.

After looking at the speed trial clips it looks good! but the pace and speed required hmm that might be a problem for me ahaha.

Can any level take part in the speed trial?

If you want to ride a regular comp then there is a regular comp, on the sunday. It's a national, still open to all levels.

Application form for the national comp on the sunday should be here nearer the time I would of thought.

Edited by yain

Awesome video Jonny, great work! I've been looking forward to this for a while, like everyone else! I was interested to see what you did with all the cameras at the speed trials - it looks like a 'proper'* sports broadcast! I had a great time last year, really looking forward to this year's - buying my ticket at the weekend!

*the video, not the sport

Thats a bummer....

Can Jack not get something sorted i suppose the comp doesn't exactly have to have major big prizes a few t-shirts or small essentials would be good.

Would just be good to see all abilities taking part in something whether your new to the sport or an old timer. I mean the sections at barrow look really good! Would be nice to see some comp flags/tape spaced around for different routes.

After looking at the speed trial clips it looks good! but the pace and speed required hmm that might be a problem for me ahaha.

Can any level take part in the speed trial?

If you want to ride a regular comp then there is a regular comp, on the sunday. It's a national, still open to all levels.

Application form for the national comp on the sunday should be here nearer the time I would of thought.

(Y)

I'm not sure if you've misunderstood what is meant by a national Andeee, but it is open to all levels, from primary right through to Elite. There will be eight sections set out on the Sunday, incorporating some of the 'arena' sections and some of the neighbouring woodland sections. You don't need a licence or any affiliations for Biketrial Federation events, so anyone can enter! So as Ian said, there will be a regular competition as part of RadFest, the same as there was last year (although it's not featured in Jonny's video - there is a report and some photos here to give you an idea of what to expect. I'm pretty sure that that's what you and Laurence are after). Also as Ian said, entry forms for the national will be available here nearer the time.

Edited by Ben Swales

Really enjoyed the video Jonny. Great effort.

Been listening to all the feed back and it is great.

Im going back and forth all the time to the site now and chatting continuously about ideas and RadFest are putting a 110% effort into this year.

There is a Pro Speed trial list of riders which logistically makes organising the event a lot easier for now and plus an amazing show for the saturday evening. As and when the event grows one idea is we will look into more people to get involved as staff and take up particular roles to look after events with in the festival so level/categories get the opportunity to compete officially through out the day.

How ever the speed trial zone will be open from friday morning till sat afternoon where you can race your mates at any time you want.

The Nationals have all levels. The option is there if you want to enter for the first time or the first time in a long time out of competition. If how ever its not your thing RadFest caters pretty much everything. Have a look at the Info page if you have not already. http://www.radicalbikes.co.uk/index.php/radfest/info

The Kicker and Drop Gap comp will be located in one area but we encourage random competitive banter between rider when and as you please. We will try to keep an eye on these mini cluster of jams and sessions and supply goodies as and when something good is happening.

Keep the comments coming i will be keeping an eye out.

nice vid JJ