Hardbass / Hardstyle

alistair14

I put this category of music in the same basket as Sun O))), Merzbow and most of Venetian Snares' albums with a profanity in the title based on (in my opinion) a distinct lack of substance.

I know it's not something you can really answer - but I'll ask just in case: what is it about it that you like?

On a side note, I have a jumper scrunched up in my helmet, which is perched on my handlebars. I just glimpsed it's reflection in the window and absolutely shat myself thinking there was someone behind me :lol:

I put this category of music in the same basket as Sun O))), Merzbow and most of Venetian Snares' albums with a profanity in the title based on (in my opinion) a distinct lack of substance.

I know it's not something you can really answer - but I'll ask just in case: what is it about it that you like?

On a side note, I have a jumper scrunched up in my helmet, which is perched on my handlebars. I just glimpsed it's reflection in the window and absolutely shat myself thinking there was someone behind me :lol:

Ill have a go at answering that!

The thing i love about it is that its so up beat, the melody's they put in, the singing, the bass, everything about it is pretty much my favourite thing to listen too when im out. Always gets me in the mood for riding, or just chillin i have that blasting through me speakers, its just one of those things that i love!

ps .. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by alistair14

haha... i saw merzbow last year, just out of curiosity. I couldnt believe the audience at the concert. Was actually prepared for some moshing or at least some people jumping around. But it was full (350+) of hipsters, all standing at the bar, nipping on their manhattens or martinis or whatever with face expressions like "mmmh... I'm totally getting it" while merzbow was surprisingly "beaty" or even DnB-like... edit: ok, maybe not DnB if i thik about it :D

I also got some fun and expensive memories about "FTS" :-

Edited by Monty99

I went to Sensation Black when I was like 17 I think. That was some pretty savage shit. I can't really remember names of guys but I think DJ Prophet was pretty big. Anyway, it all got to sound a bit samey and that pic of the douche with Dre headphones at the top of this topic has all but killed the whole hardstyle scene for me. Dildo.

• Like 1