Breath 26" Bike

Amas

Amazingly light and super pimp. Loving the detail.

I'm wondering is Breath a Zhi Team rip off which is a Koxx Sky rip off? Or did Zhi steal the design from Breath which stole the design from Koxx? Or did they both rip off Koxx? Or did Koxx help Zhi and Breath design these copies? So many questions unanswered :( Need to go and ride.

Yes i do understand that but i would prefer to see a different styled frame as appose to a mirror image one. I hate how other company's copy koxx, if everyone copys then frames will all ride the same because they have a similar geo' I do understand your point about the clothing example and profits etc, but i just dont like the fact that everyone copys, every frame should be different, unlike this one.

laurence.. china has a completely different rule book to europeans. and their creativity is apparently limited when it comes to mechanical things, thats what japanese people do better. that why you buy japanese motorbikes like honda instead of the poor chinese replica "hongda".

china can copy something (car, motorbike, bike frame) make it for alot cheaper, then sell it for a little cheaper and the profit margin is way bigger. money is the driving force, not design. why make something that may be shit, when you can copy something good...

granted chinese replicas are exactly 95% of the time.. SHIT. so chances are that frame snaps. lol. it does look absoloutly b-e-autiful though!

Edited by Carlperkins

granted chinese replicas are exactly 95% of the time.. SHIT. so chances are that frame snaps. lol. it does look absoloutly b-e-autiful though!

You realise that probably 80% of trials frames are made in China? The ones that are not are usually made by small companies which are really really expensive.

Then again the only brand creating "Chinese replicas" seems to be Zhi and the problem with those frames isn't that they're Chinese replicas but the complete lack of thought put into copying of the frame. The result is tyres rubbing against the bb yoke, chain line problems, chain rubbing against chainstay, magura mounts in the wrong place, wrong geometry. And finally poor materials and weld quality resulting in a snap happy but cheap frame. I'm sure that if a company like Echo tried to replicate any popular frame like they did with the Coustellier back in 2004 or the XTP in 2005/6, it wouldn't be shit.

Edited by Greetings

Has anyone noticed he said he's a beginner.

Right, and your point is?

Amas, beautiful bike, I'm still interested in one... I know Esmond hasn't been the best person to speak to about this!!

Love the attention to detail, you should see my Zhi (Which guys, it's quite original for a Zhi frame as it's the Z3R), it looks like utter sh*t but it works....

Steve

Anyone know geo of breath frame?

Breath 26"

Wheelbase 1080mm

BB+50

Head Angle 72

Breath 20"

Wheelbase 1000mm

BB+80

Head Angle 71.5 "

Amas, beautiful bike, I'm still interested in one... I know Esmond hasn't been the best person to speak to about this!!

Love the attention to detail, you should see my Zhi (Which guys, it's quite original for a Zhi frame as it's the Z3R), it looks like utter sh*t but it works....

Steve

what time you come to hong kong again ;( i miss you

• 2 weeks later...

Steve

Just noticing, looks brilliant, and i wouldn't dream of saying that he shouldn't have it just because he's a beginner, everyone should be able to have a good bike to start on. No need to get hostile

• 4 weeks later...

You realise that probably 80% of trials frames are made in China?

It wouldn't surprise me if majority of frames and parts were all made in the same factory like majority of other stuff out there. Word has it suntour n rockshox forks are done in the same factory.

It looks nice am really liking the orange maguras!

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...