Bike Trials And Age Of Riders

Alex Berman

Since a long time ive been wondering why in world cups and in general the oldest riders are about 32/33 years old. A lot of people quit in their late 20s. Bike trials is harsh for the body, but so as downhill (steve peat is like 37), bmx race or even MMA. MMA is brutal and the best guys are in their late 30s and even 40s. So why do people quit bike trials so early?

At the end of the day ot pi, hans rey werent young when they stopped competing really plus I think the competition side of it wears off and people tend to head into the enjoyment of riding trials rather than competing i.e. ashton etc.........

i'm 38 and have only ever ridden for enjoyment but i've got 3 boys 9 and under ,so its hard for me to get out and ride now but still try to as much as i can , trials is nice and easy to access i.e. just ride out my front door or in the back garden where as my trips 4x and dh riding have become very few and far between at the moment till the boys can come with me although that said the eldest is liking bmx racing currently so getting him riding young

• Like 1

im 26 and all the people i rode with were like 15 and i work in the motor trade, people i work with saying 'grow up get a car' etc, but i rode for the enjoyment (as i assume everyone does) but i gave up sold my bike.... but missed riding so building one again...... i could of stopped for any of them reasons and 1 did make me stop but im starting again even though im not very good, im old, no-one really to ride with.... BUT I DONT CARE!! i wanna ride....

i guess if you dont wanna ride anymore or something crops up , for what ever reason/problem it is..... you quit

but if you love it you carry on no matter what life throws at you ;)

• Like 2