Hope Water Bottle From Tarty

Sam Song

ive sold car parts since i left school over 10 years ago and i know how warranties work with manufacturers< selling their products on there behalf etc etc...

it makes me laugh how so many people on here know nothing about it but pretend they do (obviously coming from the customers point of view),

and to be honest if you came to me complaining with this problem id tell you to f**k off if you lot came out with the shite you are doing on here, and you wouldnt get anything

you know nothing so...

end of!!

Edited by stunt man t

I was setting the tooling for different jobs using the lovely Voumard, precision was the name of the game though which kept it interesting for so long.

finaly some one who can understand how crazy it it that one side of my hub is +0.07 on nominal size.

you were probly working to 3\5 Mu.. voumard is a cnc grinder isnt it? never worked one one just the studers we have.

im really lucky that i get a really wide range of jobs, you learn so much more that way which is great.

ive sold car parts since i left school over 10 years ago and i know how warranties work with manufacturers< selling their products on there behalf etc etc...

it makes me laugh how so many people on here know nothing about it but pretend they do (obviously coming from the customers point of view),

and to be honest if you came to me complaining with this problem id tell you to f**k off if you lot came out with the shite you are doing on here, and you wouldnt get anything

you know nothing so...

end of!!

do you live in a caravan?

Yea working to 1/10th of 1/1000th of an inch or 2.5um, the surface finish becomes really important.

pretty tight then, we turn to 5um on the carbide tooling, think thats about the lowest

Wow how insulting, did your parents teach you that one?

just shows the mentality of tarty employees, no wonder you look up to adam atleast hes got some intelligence.

representing tarty well, fair play

shouldnt you be packing tarty t-shirts or some thing? or is the chainstay protector the highlight of your day ?

I think the highlight from today was probably our FedEx rep looking at the whiteboard and reading out loud Ali's motivational "IF YOU R READING THIS YOU HAVE NO DICK" comment.

EDIT: This was such a shit post to make after being away for 3 weeks.

• Like 1

I think the highlight from today was probably our FedEx rep looking at the whiteboard and reading out loud Ali's motivational "IF YOU R READING THIS YOU HAVE NO DICK" comment.

ha ha awesome

Dave, have a look at the links I posted to the Sale of Goods Act, and note what was listed on the product description at the time of purchase: "Please note that the machining quality of the aluminium parts on these hubs is not quite as high as we would like, so the price (despite the carbon centre) reflects this."

If you aren't happy with the hub, take it up with Cyclemart. I really don't care if you work to 2.5um all day long, it's a £45 carbon fibre and aluminium hub that's made in the far east, which the product description stated wasn't high quality, not tooling for manufacturing car parts.

To answer your repeated question:

I don't see why it's bad that, when we deem something to be outside of warranty, we'll liaise with the manufacturer to see if they'll help instead? If you choose not to take that help, that's your decision.

In case you can't understand that, I will try explaining in a different way. It means that we have already taken responsibility for deciding on the warranty claim, but said no. Then, we tried to help you by seeing if the manufacturer would help out, and ended up offering a stronger, more suitable part for your needs instead, free of charge. At no point did we suggest you speak with Reset - I did warn them that you would probably sound off though, I was right - so I don't know where you have got that idea from.

I don't see the above scenario is the same as 'lying about my responsibility for warranty'. If you do, then that's fine, we can agree to disagree.

Seems that there are other people who have had leaky Hope water bottles. Thank you for the feedback, and those who have suggested alternative products. Before Sam bought his, we had only had one rating and that was 5 out of 5. Now we know the product isn't as good as we'd hoped, we will look to find an alternative. Turns out Stan's is actually over 2 years old.

By the way, a seller does not have to enter into contract with the buyer if they do not wish to do so - we shall be exercising that right in future for certain people!

I'm going to go and ride my bike, complete with all it's tolerancing issues, and hopefully have fun doing it :)

• Like 5

I'm going to go and ride my bike, complete with all it's tolerancing issues, and hopefully have fun doing it :)

There are no pots available, but I'll see if I can make something at home for you tonight.

• Like 1

Dave, have a look at the links I posted to the Sale of Goods Act, and note what was listed on the product description at the time of purchase: "Please note that the machining quality of the aluminium parts on these hubs is not quite as high as we would like, so the price (despite the carbon centre) reflects this."

If you aren't happy with the hub, take it up with Cyclemart. I really don't care if you work to 2.5um all day long, it's a £45 carbon fibre and aluminium hub that's made in the far east, which the product description stated wasn't high quality, not tooling for manufacturing car parts.

To answer your repeated question:

In case you can't understand that, I will try explaining in a different way. It means that we have already taken responsibility for deciding on the warranty claim, but said no. Then, we tried to help you by seeing if the manufacturer would help out, and ended up offering a stronger, more suitable part for your needs instead, free of charge. At no point did we suggest you speak with Reset - I did warn them that you would probably sound off though, I was right - so I don't know where you have got that idea from.

I don't see the above scenario is the same as 'lying about my responsibility for warranty'. If you do, then that's fine, we can agree to disagree.

Seems that there are other people who have had leaky Hope water bottles. Thank you for the feedback, and those who have suggested alternative products. Before Sam bought his, we had only had one rating and that was 5 out of 5. Now we know the product isn't as good as we'd hoped, we will look to find an alternative. Turns out Stan's is actually over 2 years old.

By the way, a seller does not have to enter into contract with the buyer if they do not wish to do so - we shall be exercising that right in future for certain people!

Lol well I'm happy you finally admitted that the hubs wank, like I said before I don't have a contract with yourselfs, just pointing out that you don't really have a clue when it comes to engineering, I hope that didn't upset you to much.

I'm also glad that you have started to realise that you are responsible for warrantys, I bet you saved your self a fair about of £££ with that line!

Oh no your not going to sell me any thing, plenty more shops... The sooner people on here get that the better.

• Like 1